Penn Stater Conference Center
$93
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn State College(State College)(Great Value!)
$152
$139
$105
Sleep Inn(State College)(Great Value!)
$71
SleepInn
Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites(State College)(Great Value!)
$102
$92
Hampton Inn State College(State College)(Great Value!)
$107
Days Inn Penn State(State College)(Great Value!)
$95
$93
Comfort Suites Penn State(State College)(Great Value!)
$89
ComfortSuites
$82
Toftrees Golf Resort(State College)(Great Value!)
$84
$82
Orbitz.com
All reviewsgarden restaurantpenn stateshuttle servicefree shuttlerooms are spaciousin townthe hotel offersplenty of parkingfront desk stafffootball weekendhappy valleyking bedgreat place to stayhotel roomcollege visitnice staystaff was friendly
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I was really impressed with the Penn Stater. I've eaten in their restaurant several times and have been at the facilities for conferences but this was my first time of staying at the hotel. During my stay there was remodeling going on inside.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful and check in was easy.

My room was large and comfortable. The bathroom was large clean. The whole layout of the room was unique in a good way. It was interesting. Internet was available wired or wireless and the access was good and speed was good. The bed was comfortable.

The restaurant has outstanding food. I've enjoyed every visit to it. The only downside is that they really need to expand to accommodate more people comfortably. Lunch time is crowded. The variety and quality of food is great. The staff is mostly college students who are well trained and courteous. I always look forward to my meals in the restaurant.

Conference facilities are also very good.

Price was good for the quality of hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is my 4th or 5th stay at the Penn Stater and I have always been pleased. I was here for a conference. I also brought my daughter and her friend so they could visit town while I was in meetings. We all had a great stay. The setting is ideal for a conference but also close to the PSU campus and town.. The meeting rooms are comfortable. We had a very enthusiastic men's gospel conference next door to our conference which interfered with our sound but aside from that, no complaints. The conference food is excellent. The room was clean and comfortable. Desk staff are extremely pleasant and helpful as are the housekeeping staff. I understand that many of the staff are PSU students who major in hotel managment and hospitality. We had the opportunity to eat at the tavern in the hotel and the food was also surprisingly good and inexpensive. My daughter enjoyed the pool. You do need to take the shuttle or drive to town. Its' a little out of the way which can be a plus if you don't want parking hassles or noise but a minus if you like to be in the center of everything.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We recently stayed at the "Penn Stater" hotel. The hotel was extremely clean and comfortable. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. It is off campus. However, my family enjoyed that because it was quieter. It's only a few minutes drive from campus. We loved the Legends and the Garden restaurant. I recommend the "pretzel chicken" entree and the "Ana Banana" drink at Legends. I also recommend the french toast at the Garden restaurant. You can't go wrong staying here (top notch feel and not the top notch price)!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank num1mmfan
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I've been to Penn State, maybe 3 times in my life... and this one we decided to stay at the Penn State Conference Center. We arrived around 5 pm, and after unloading everyone's luggage, I went to my room. and walked into a room that hadn't been cleaned. This doesn't usually happen to me in as many hotels that I stay in, but it happened this time..

I didn't call, and I didn't have my luggage in the room, so I kindly went down stairs and told the gentleman at the desk and he quickly changed my room for another.. Situation Resolved... My new room was clean with no complaints!!!

This hotel is HUGE. Be prepared to do some walking. I'm not sure how many rooms they have but their are plenty!

There is plenty of parking, and plenty of amenities to enjoy at this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stayed here for a gymnastics meet. The group coordinator, Herbert, went above and beyond to meet all of our needs. The staff at the hotel was fantastic.
The restaurants are excellent.
The pub food was good. Service was slow and the bar manager was a little cranky. That was our only complaint.
This place is big and there is lots of space to spread out. A few people in our group brought guitars and they let them play in the pub. It turned into a sing along and everybody, including the kids, had a great time.
The shuttle service was amazing. They took us anywhere and everywhere we wanted to go and picked us up quickly when we wanted to leave. This hotel is on the far end of everything, but it wasn't an issue with the free transportation service.
The rooms were a decent size. We were upgraded to a 2 room suite.
The hotel was very clean and the check in staff were very welcoming.
I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business