“Best and only authentic Greek restaurant in State College”
Review of The Greek

The Greek
Ranked #58 of 242 Restaurants in State College
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
State College, PA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best and only authentic Greek restaurant in State College”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The atmosphere is second only to the great food and the service. If you like authentic Greek food you'll love the Greek! It's BYOB so if you would like to enjoy some wine with dinner a PA State Store is close by.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank psufred

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A delightful change of flavor”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent and the service great. Excellent value for the price! We usually go to the well known franchise places but are very glad we tried something different. We definitely will be back!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jenandbob97
“Amazingly Deliciouse”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

This place was Great. The Staff Were Welcoming. The Food Was Amazing. Vert Fresh Tasting Wonderful Experienc. I Will Go Again Tonight.

• Visited June 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
“Glad to finally get there”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It took me too long to get to the Greek, but I'm glad I finally did. It's sort of laid out oddly, but the food was quite good. Glad to finally have Greek food in State College!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Harold M
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Finally...Greek cuisine in State College”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had lived in State College for years and passed the unoccupied office building that houses The Greek for a long time. Finally, something moved in and that something is wonderful. At the end of a two-day visit to S.C. a friend met me there for dessert before I needed to leave town. I was struck by the effort the owners have made with the decor: faux marble columns, stone floors (including at least one inlaid mosaic near the stairs), paintings on the ceiling mimicking frescoes, Greek tracery everywhere. Even the bathrooms were aesthetically pleasing! On to the most important part: the food. I insisted that we have an appetizer before the desserts and we ordered saganaki. I was quite pleased with it. Then came the masterpiece dessert: baklava cheesecake! Yes, it was every bit as good as one would dream with a name like that. A generous portion for a standard price and phenomenal taste. I'm eager for my next visit there so I can try an entree! For those who need alcohol, the place is BYOB. Great, attentive service. I understand the place is run by the family who also owns the North Atherton Waffle Shop (a State College breakfast stand-by) so they know how to do things right. Can't wait to go again!

• Visited April 2013