We stayed at the Hampton Inn/Williamsburg Square for June 14 and 15, when my son had his Penn State orientation.
We were assigned a room for the handicapped, and so the room and bathroom appeared to be particularly large. The room was quite nice, and included both a desk and easy chair with matching upholstered footrest. My wife and I thought that the double bed was a couple of inches narrower than the doubles in most hotels. Also, the fitted sheets came up during the night.
The hotel is well appointed, with a public computer for the guests. The lobby is quite large, with a lot of seating, and also doubles as the breakfast eating area. Breakfasts are more substantial than the norm. The first morning we had poached eggs with sausage gravy, the second breakfast was french toast fingers and delicious sausage slices. In addition, there was an array of cereals, juices, muffins, english muffins, etc. for toasting.
The exercise room has one or two treadmills, a bike, a stepper, a situp/decline bench, and a small weighted ball. The outdoor pool is adequate for someone who wants to take a dip, but too small to swim laps.
They have 24 hour coffee, decaf, tea, and apples. At night, rather than just sitting in the room, we sat on the lobby couches, and had some coffee while watching a baseball game on the lobby tv.
The hotel is less than 10 minutes from campus, and there is an Olive Garden and an Outback Steakhouse across the parking lot. Since it was off season, we were able to eat at the Olive Garden without any wait, and at the Outback after a short wait.
The hotel is also near a shopping area with a Target, and there are other restaurants in the immediate area.
My family will undoubtedly stay at the Hampton Inn/Williamsburg Square again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Hotel in State College at Williamsburg Square is an excellent choice when planning your visit to the home of the Penn State Nittany Lions. The Hampton Inn boasts all the modern amenities you would expect from a Hampton Inn. Make yourself at home in one of the 71 stylish, fully-furnished guest rooms with a 32" flat-screen LCD television, easy to operate alarm clock/radio, large work desk, and free high-speed internet access. You'll also enjoy the convenience of having a coffee maker and iron/ironing board in your room. Start the day off with Hampton's free hot breakfast or opt for free drinks in the beverage area. If you’re in a rush, pick up a Hampton's on the run breakfast bag available Monday through Friday. Go for a dip in the outdoor pool, enjoy an invigorating workout in the exercise room, and pick up a few essentials from the convenience store. Host a meeting in the conference room with available space for up to 50 people. Corporate guests can stay connected in the fully-equipped business center. The Penn State campus is just minutes from the hotel, and all the wonderful shopping and dining of downtown State College is just minutes away. Consider staying with us on your next trip to State College Pennsylvania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Williamsburg Square
- Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Square Hotel State College
- Hampton Inn State College
- State College Hampton Inn