If it weren't for the noise, I would have definitely given this hotel at least 4 stars.
The room was pleasant and the bed was very comfortable. After driving through some horrible rain, we were looking for the comfort of a good nights sleep, so I was especially pleased that there were room darkening curtains on the window that actually worked! But as I realized during the night, this hotel is close to the the highway and right off of a very busy road. We were able to hear road noise in our room all night. (We were in a room in the front of the building, on the top floor directly above the small roof of the entry way.) That wasn't bad enough, when at around 7:00am there was the sound of a JACK HAMMER!!! Ah, what a lovely wake up alarm on a morning that I was just hoping to sleep in. It was coming from a restaurant that was in front of the Hotel, they were taking out their sidewalk. Not a pleasant wakeup call.
I think what was the most disappointing was at the front desk during checkout. I was asked how our stay was and I told him it was noisy. His reply was "Gee, we have never gotten that complaint, and you were on the top floor." Then I mentioned the road noise and the jack hammer. And his reply was "Yea, they started that some time after 7am, didn't they?". Really?!? No, "I'm sorry for that", or "I hope you will give us another chance in the future". Just basically a disregard for the issue I had at their establishment.
(It should be noted that I have stayed at the other two hotels in the immediate area and I do not recall ever hearing the road noise as loud as I did this particular stay. And I think I may have even stayed at this hotel before but I believe that I most likely had a room facing the back of the building.)
Other than the noise, it is a fine hotel. The breakfast spread was ample and well maintained. The layout of the tables and chairs is a bit of a bother as it is hard to walk through them while folks are sitting there as the chairs are rather large and the area is a bit crowded.
Every area of the hotel appeared to be well kept and very clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Hotel in State College at Williamsburg Square is an excellent choice when planning your visit to the home of the Penn State Nittany Lions. The Hampton Inn boasts all the modern amenities you would expect from a Hampton Inn. Make yourself at home in one of the 71 stylish, fully-furnished guest rooms with a 32" flat-screen LCD television, easy to operate alarm clock/radio, large work desk, and free high-speed internet access. You'll also enjoy the convenience of having a coffee maker and iron/ironing board in your room. Start the day off with Hampton's free hot breakfast or opt for free drinks in the beverage area. If you’re in a rush, pick up a Hampton's on the run breakfast bag available Monday through Friday. Go for a dip in the outdoor pool, enjoy an invigorating workout in the exercise room, and pick up a few essentials from the convenience store. Host a meeting in the conference room with available space for up to 50 people. Corporate guests can stay connected in the fully-equipped business center. The Penn State campus is just minutes from the hotel, and all the wonderful shopping and dining of downtown State College is just minutes away. Consider staying with us on your next trip to State College Pennsylvania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Williamsburg Square
- Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Square Hotel State College
- Hampton Inn State College
- State College Hampton Inn