“Great 1 night stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Square
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in State College
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed overnight while visiting a relative in the area. The employee at check in was very nice and checked us in quickly( it was even before the 3 oclock check in time). I liked the Noon check out time also. The hotel was lobby was very well kept and looked welcoming. We asked for a room away from the elevator and they obliged. They gave us a choice of 3 different floors. Our room was very clean and nice. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was a nice size. There were multiple charging stations in the room for our phones, iPads and iPods. There was no refrigerator but every floor had ice and vending machines. There was easy wifi access also.

Breakfast was great. There is a nice large sitting area with complimentary newspapers. There was a huge selection of food like western omeletes, oatmeal, french toast sticks, waffles, cereal, muffins, juices , coffee,and other things.

I had no worries about my car in the parking lot. The area is very nice. There are multiple restaurants in the area, including Olive Garden and Outback in the same complex. There is also a Texas Roadhouse 1 block away. There is shopping about 1/2 mile down the road like Kohl's, Target, and Wegman's.

I recommend this hotel. You should not be disappointed!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Macungie_PATrum
Alex J, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Macungie_PATrum,

Wow, thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! We try our hardest here to help our guests as much as we can. We do have a limited number of spare refrigerators that are available upon request and we are sorry we were not able to supply one for you. I am pleased to hear otherwise that you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel and our surrounding area. We hope to see you again on your next visit through the area.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Square

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our hotel stay was very pleasant. The breakfast area was extremely clean and the selection of was great. We enjoyed it!! The staff was also very friendly and accommodating. I will definitely stay at this location again. Ben the manager was great!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear James M,

I want to thank you for your great review on trip advisor. Our breakfast area just got renovated a month ago and we are happy to see people enjoying the new look of it. We keep a broad selection of foods for you available for breakfast and are glad to see that you enjoyed it immensely. We hope to see you again during your next visit in State College.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Any time we travel to the State College area, we stay at this location because it is clean, staff are professional and it is easy to access restaurants, etc. I highly recommend this location for business and personal travel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Meg K,

Thank you for your review on your stay with us. We take pride in our services and we are glad that you enjoy our service to stay with us whenever you are in town! We hope you have a good time until we see you again.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Summary: friendly, clean Hampton near Penn State with many chain restaurants and stores close to the inn.

This Hampton offered very friendly staff. When I stained some clothing and their inhouse convenice shop did not offer the Tide stick, three different staff persons looked in their own belongings to see if they could find one.

The room appeared clean well kept. The only draw back I experienced over two weekend stays concerns the distribution of king beds. My preference from travel experience at multiple Hamptons consists of lower level and away from the elevator. King beds can be found on upper floors near the elevator only.

The exercise room offered one recumbent bike, one treadmill, and one stairclimber type machine, plus free weights. I believe the pool is outside.

Location offers quick drive into downtown State College and Penn State campus. Many restaurants and shopping stores can be found in the nearby vicinity.

Room Tip: Recommend away from the elevator because of noise, unless you need a king bed then you need to be ne...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
BenJellison, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Hello Burdett P- I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and am sorry between the three of us we couldn't find a stain remover pen for you. I actually went out and bought a pack of them after looking for you so we'll be ready next time :) . Unfortunatly all of our king standard rooms are on our upper floors and close to the elevators (3 & 4) making if difficult to accommodate low floor and away from elevator requests in that bed type. I hope you have a good week.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

A king suite, turned out to be a normal size room with a big bed at one end and a couch at the other. No at all my expectation after spending $145 on a room. I have well over 160 stays at Hilton brand properties and this one is not one I will repeat. Little to no effort was made to help the situation either.....Bed was very uncomfortable

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Benton C- Thank you for your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor and i'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any miscommunication about the size of our studio suites. I hope you recieved the email I sent to you on May 23rd after reading your comments on our guest satisfaction survey. It is my hope that my email provided a satisfactory resolution to the issue.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Overall stay was okay, service was good. Went to make a cup of coffee and the inside the coffee maker (water reservoir) was disgusting and the bathroom floor was not as clean as I thought it should be.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
BenJellison, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Jemmi B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on trip advisor letting us know how we did. Please accept my apologies on the condition of the coffee maker, I have spoken with my housekeeping staff about making sure the reservoirs are cleaned and will be following up on our room inspections. Thanks again and have I hope you have a nice Memorial Day Weekend.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed for Son's college graduation. Good location with several nearby restaurants in walking distance. Very clean and affordable. Only hotel that would let us stay Saturday and Sunday for Graduation instead of the usual mandatory Friday and Saturday. Will stay again when wen visit our daughter.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
BenJellison, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Cardoc,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we'll look forward to having you as a guest in the future. Have a good weekend