“Best Holiday Inn Express - Absolutely Wonderful stay!”

Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in State College
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is the best Holiday Inn Express I have ever stayed at - and I have stayed at many. The rooms were so clean and linens felt new and fresh. Blankets felt new - TVs were new. The decor was gorgeous and the breakfast was delicious. Can't beat a free hot breakfast and coffee in the am. It was located conveniently near restaurants, shopping, etc. The front desk staff (esp Andrew) went out of their way to assist us every step of the way. Even the General Manager (Ben) personally took care of some of our needs and was so kind and pleasant to everyone in my party. Loved this hotel and highly recommend it!!!

Room Tip: This hotel sits in a quiet cul de sac so you don't have to worry about traffic noise etc.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Jones102013,

I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and I can assure you I will be sharing your comments with my staff. All of our employees strive to make every guests stay a pleasant one and I'm glad we were able to make your stay memorable. Hope to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Very average hotel. I have stayed in all the hotels on Williamsburg Square and this was my least favorite. Same price as other hotels in the square but is not nearly as. Nice. Could use updated rooms and bathrooms. Good location.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Afternoon Jaclyn G,

I wanted to thank you for your review and appreciate the feedback you gave. All the hotels in our complex are owned by the same owner, and I know he does his best in keeping them looking fresh and renovated. I will be more than happy to pass along your feedback and I hope you will continue to stay within the hotels in our complex. Have a wonderful weekend.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

No issues with this location or staff..easy in and out..would recommend to all. Very nice to be recognized as IHG member. Good location for stores and resturants. Room was nice and quite for some sleep that was needed after a long weeks work.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear J6travel,

I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope the rest of your trip home went well. Thanks for the review and for choosing to stay with us . Cheers.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

By far the best holiday inn express we stayed at! My husband had to come for a conference so I tagged along to see the town. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Beds were really comfortable to sleep on. Definitely recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Lexus Y,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for reviewing our hotel on trip advisor. I will be sharing your comments with my staff and we hope to see you "tag" along with your husband again next time. Cheers.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

First let me say, I am an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Member (used to be Priority Club) and, so I try to stay at IHG hotels when I can. Rarely have anything negative to say about them. Here's one time I have to. If you book here avoid a room on the first floor, especially one near the side door. Our room was extremely drafty. Sitting on the potty you had to put towels under the door or it would blow right up you-know-where. Yikes! Could not quite figure out where all the draft was coming from (not the window). Since it was extremely cold during our visit to State College, we cranked the heat a bit to compensate for the draft. As a result we alternated from chilly to hot depending on when the heat kicked in. Another negative was the extraordinarily low/short toilet. (To keep this a family evaluation, I won't describe how that feels. Again, yikes!) Maybe we got a room especially for children or very short people.) Really Holiday Inn should get a normal sized commode in there quick. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice looking hotel and the bed was terrific, lots of room and perfectly clean. Nice lobby. Nice reception at the desk. Even got a few extra points when I told them about the drafty room. So i give them 3 stars (could have been less).

Room Tip: Avoid first floor rooms anywhere near the doors.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Bruce1944,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor about your stay with us, and my apologies the room was drafty. I do have my cheif Engineer looking into seeing what we can do as guests do use that door to enter and exit the building. I'm glad you did find the bed comfortable and the room clean and will pass that along to my housekeeping staff. I hope the next time your in State College you wil give us another try, and we will definatly keep you off the first floor. Thanks for being an IHG rewards platinum member.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Overall a nice place to stay. Convenient to the interstate and college campus. Nice selection of restaurants in the complex and the area.

Hotel staff was very pleasant and accomidating. The only issue I experienced was with the heating system. Either on or off. No fan speed selection and when on, it overtook the TV volume. Not very good for a snooze...

I would stay at this location again. Clean, friendly and a good value.

Room Tip: South end of building provides quick exit to neighboring restaurants.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Jack A,

Thanks for your review of our property, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you back the next time your in State College. Have a good week.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The room was spacious. The staff was friendly. The shower head attached to the hose did not remain up so showering was not easy. The water was cold for the third shower in our room. I removed the couch pillow and under the pillow, the area was dirty and there were some food crumbs. Bed was too small for 2 people but good pillow with choice of firm and soft. WiFi code was not readily available. The hot breakfast was good and there were plenty of choices including make your own pancakes.

Room Tip: We were close to elevators and ice machine. I thought it would be noisy but it was fine.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear AGC34,

I just read your review of our property, and wanted to offer my sincerest apologies for the issues you ran into during your stay with us. My staff and I do our best to make sure all of our guests enjoy their stay with us and apparently we fell a bit short. If you would like to discuss the matter further please feel free to call me at 814-867-1800. Thank you for your review, and I hope you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves.