Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in State College
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 15, 2014

There was no coffee pot in the room but the coffee maker was there.

The pancake making machine was broken at breakfast. No explanation on when it would be fixed.

Bed was comfortable.

Room was waytoo hot when I checked in.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BenJellison, Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear raypsu,

Thank you very much for staying with us, and taking time out of your day to review us on tripadvisor.

I am very sorry for the confusion with our coffee makers, we have recently switched to the one cup coffee makers, and unlike the the four cup coffee makers that we had previously, these do not use coffee pots.

I am very sorry that the pancake maker was not working during your stay with us. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, and I assure you that it has been taken care of.

Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Room was very clean overall (minus the bathroom), and quiet. Bed was comfortable, and had a pull out queen sized sleeper sofa. Additional sink in the room outside of the bathroom. Nice furniture and fixtures, room looks updated and modern. The bathroom was clean outside of the filthy tile grout and sealant around the shower - the floor could use sanitizing and scrubbing. Free breakfast did not have much, but had the bare basics and was good. Staff was friendly and quickly helped you check in and out. Only serious complaint was the curtains do not close. They have sheer see-thru curtains that close, but the light-blocking privacy curtains on each side of the window are for decoration only. On the 1st floor especially, this allows all the parking lot lights and car headlights to shine brightly into your room. Very difficult to get to sleep. No pool, and only a couple pieces of exercise equipment on premises. Aside from the curtains, a very pleasant, clean, peaceful place to stay and would definitely recommend a stay here. Very nice for 2-1/2 star rating.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms allow all of the car headlights and parking lot lights shine brightly into room at n...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Bruce E,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry you were not able to find the black out shades, our rooms do have them and typcally they are located behind the sheer curtains. I can assure you I will check on that specific room to make sure they are there and in good working order. I hope this did not hinder your enitre nights sleep. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and we hope to have you as a guest in the future.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Wow! What great hotel! My sister and I travel every year in December to State College to celebrate New Year's Eve with our family. This was our first stay at this property and will definitely not be our last.
Andrew checked us in on Saturday and was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area and hotel services. He always had a smile on his face when we came through the hotel lobby each day.
The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was very spacious! We saw Ben, the General Manager, just about every morning we came down to enjoy the complimentary breakfast. He asked how are stay was and if there was anything he could do to make our stay better. I assured him we were having a wonderful time and let him know how impressed we were with the property and staff.
Thanks for yet, another, great stay in State College. See you next year!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Laurie S,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, I'm glad we were able to make your trip to State College memorable. Hopefully we will see you again next year, take care.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I enjoy this hotel very much. The rooms are comfortable and spacious and feel like they are kept new looking. The standard rooms have showers instead of bath tubs, which I like and the people at the front desk are always very pleasant and willing to help.
My son is a student at PSU and I spend a lot of time in State College between visits and work and mostly stay at HI Express in Williamsburg Sq.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Flashbridgewater,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about us on Trip Advisor, your feedback is really appreciated. My staff and I try our best to provide quality customer service to all of our guests, and I hope we continue to do this for you. Please don't hesitate to let me know if we fall short during one of your visits, and I look forward to having you as a guest soon. Happy Hollidays!

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I've been stating here off and on for 10 years on monthly business trips. The staff and rooms are great for business travelers. The fitness center was recently improved, as was the breakfast. If you need a solid 3- to 4-star hotel at a good price, stay here. Not much to offer families, but I always look forward to my next stay on business.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Fig_dawg,

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us, and thank you for staying with us for so long. I love to hear from folks that have been with us for some time and what their thoughts are. Thanks for the feedback and I hope we continue to provide the service you have come to expect. Happy Holidays.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Travelling on business again. Stayed a single night at this property and found the rooms very comfortable with a nice work desk. Went down in the morning to print some work at the business center and the printer was out of service. Went to the front desk to ask for help and the Manager invited me into his office and printed it for me. Would stay here again if my travels take me into the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear David,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel on trip advisor, and I'm glad I was able to help you out with the printer. I've been there myself and know how frustrating it can be. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future and Happy Holidays.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

First time staying at Williamsburg Square in State College. Perfect location just 5 minutes from the PSU campus. Hotel was conveniently located, room was very large and comfortable. Bathroom had ample counter space and good shower. The complementary breakfast was plentiful and coffee was hot and good. Front desk was efficient and helpful. We will stay hear again when we are in the area.

Room Tip: Room 416 was spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear swtravelmom,

Thank you so much for your review on tripadvisor, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We will look forward to having you as a guest with us again in the future. Happy Holidays!!