Room was very clean overall (minus the bathroom), and quiet. Bed was comfortable, and had a pull out queen sized sleeper sofa. Additional sink in the room outside of the bathroom. Nice furniture and fixtures, room looks updated and modern. The bathroom was clean outside of the filthy tile grout and sealant around the shower - the floor could use sanitizing and scrubbing. Free breakfast did not have much, but had the bare basics and was good. Staff was friendly and quickly helped you check in and out. Only serious complaint was the curtains do not close. They have sheer see-thru curtains that close, but the light-blocking privacy curtains on each side of the window are for decoration only. On the 1st floor especially, this allows all the parking lot lights and car headlights to shine brightly into your room. Very difficult to get to sleep. No pool, and only a couple pieces of exercise equipment on premises. Aside from the curtains, a very pleasant, clean, peaceful place to stay and would definitely recommend a stay here. Very nice for 2-1/2 star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express Hotel at Williamsburg Square. This friendly, award winning hotel is located just off Interstate 99/ U.S. 220 (322 bypass) minutes from downtown State College and in the heart of Centre County, PA. Visiting Penn State? Situated only 5 minutes from the Main Campus of Penn State, Beaver Stadium and the Bryce Jordan Center. The hotel is also located near South Hills Business School in State College and Juniata College in Huntington. Visiting a customer or other local business? The Colonnade Shopping Center, located close to the hotel, includes such stores as Target, Michael's, Kohl's, Dick's Sporting Goods and Wegman's Grocery store. Hungry? We are a 2-5 minute stroll from Outback, Olive Garden, Cracker Barrel and Texas Roadhouse restaurants. We are also a short drive from Accu-Weather, Raytheon, Chemcut, ARRIS, Schoolwires and PMG. Our hotel offers all the services a business traveler needs for a productive visit including free high-speed Internet! Visiting for leisure? Nestled in the heart of Lion Country, it would be our pleasure to have you as our guest while you are attending the Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts, Peoples Choice Festival, Centre County Grange Fair or Bellefonte Art and Crafts Fair. Visiting for an Athletic Event? We are closely located to all the main sporting venues at Penn State University, the McCoy Natatorium, Recreation Hall and the Indoor Track. We are also minutes away from the State College Area High School, Bellefonte Area High School and Hess Field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express @ Williamsburg Square, State College Hotel State College
- Holiday Inn State College
- State College Holiday Inn