Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in State College
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel offered clean rooms, nice amenities. The staff was helpful and courteous from reservations, front desk and house keeping. They provide coffee and tea 24/7. The breakfast was plentiful. The location was good to near by restaurants, such as Outback, Olive Garden, Texas Road House, and Cracker barrel. There is shopping not far away either. Also close to the stadium and the BJC. So

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor, it was very spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tara C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Paula G,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express @ Williamsburg Square. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It's always important to know each guest's experience to continuing improving our service. We hope you will visit us again in the future!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just a few weeks ago I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. What can I say? It was great!! I have never used this site before until the staff told me about it. First off the property is beautiful, I was surprised it was an express. The beds were comfy, made my night sleep very relaxing! The staff is Amazing, Kimberly was very informative and was fast. I was asking her so many questions about the area, I thought I was bugging her! She listened to all my needs and put me in I would say looked like one of your best rooms. Allen was also great, I couldn't imagine working those hours. I couldn't sleep and decided to come down stairs to get some of the things I forgot in the middle of the night. He was friendly, and was able to get me everything I needed. Breakfast was good, enjoyed all the hot food! I will be staying here again when I am here to visit family. I enjoyed my stay. Everyone should stay here!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Tara C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear John E,

Thank you for taking the time to express your lovely compliments! I will be sure to forward this to the staff and especially the team members you mentioned. We appreciate your business and strive to deliver the best experience while staying with us. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Quick check-in, polite staff, clean well stocked room, plenty of close parking, comfortable, easy check-out. I didn't need much for this fast trip, and this hotel gave me more than I needed. I hadn't realized that this was part of a massive hotel complex... they all looked more or less the same quality, but if I went back, I would be fine staying at the HIE again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Tara C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear DSDC,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate you choosing us during your visit to State College! We strive to provide the best service and comfort. We hope you have an opportunity to stay with us in the future and see all the highlights of State College!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

When I walked into this hotel "opulent" was the only word I could think of to describe the lobby and breakfast area. Absolutely gorgeous! The man that checked my mom and I in was extremely friendly and nice! I believe his name was Alex. We got upto the room and it was also very nice. I work at an IHG hotel and therefore wasnt overly upset when we had problems in the room. If anything I kept thinking thankfully it was me and not someone else who would get really upset. My mom and I had several problems which we told the Front Desk Clerk and he kept apologizing and I said "Im just glad it happened to me and not someone else" My mom didnt feel the same but she got over it. ;o) The Front Desk Clerk said he would let a supervisor know of the problems and to let him know if we have any other problems.
Despite the problems we both enjoyed our stay and will be returning next month. The location of the hotel is ideal with lots of shopping and restaurants closeby.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Tara C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. I would like to discuss any issues you had in your room personally. Please feel free to email me your contact information at tcraig@shanercorp.com. I am very pleased to hear you will be returning next month as well. I would love to meet you and thank you personally during your next visit. Thank you again. I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express during a trip to Penn State for a college audition. We reserved two doubles but when we got there,we were informed that we had been "upgraded" to a King with pullout sofa. I had seen them for the same price when I made the reservation so I know it was not really an upgrade. They had at least 2 high school groups there and needed the doubles. But, it was not that big of a deal.

The hotel on tbe outside was beautiful. The hallways and rooms were nice and reasonably clean.The beds were ok but the pillows were not the greatest. My biggest complaint was breakfast. They were obviously not prepared for the school groups. No sausage and the eggs were cold and runny. Many other items were out. That being said, I have travelled with school groups and know it can be challenging.

For the price we paid, it was a decent value.

• Stayed: January 2013
Tara C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I would like to sincerely apologize for the service you received during breakfast. I have addressed your experience with our hospitality staff. We strive to provide excellent customer service and will use your experience as an opportunity to improve those skills. I hope you will give us another opportunity when visiting State College to exhibit the true Holiday Inn Express experience.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Everything was top notch! Breakfast bar included fresh eggs and sausage and you could make your own pancakes. Staff was very helpful. They located a step stool so my mom could climb into the bed! The handicapped accessible room was great for my Mom. It snowed and were stuck for another night. We went to lunch and when we came back the handicapped parking spot was shoveled out! Kimberley was so sweet and helpful I really appreciate all her help. You'll be happy you stayed here. I'll be back to the Holiday Inn Express the next time I'm in town to visit family

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your stay. We strive to provide excellent customer service. I have shared your positive comments with the staff and with Kimberly. We hope you will stay with us in the future when visiting State College!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The accommodations were very comfortable, clean, and convenient to Penn State campus. There were several choices of places to eat in close proximity also. Nice breakfast buffet. I would certainly choose this motel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
TeeItUp666, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Good day James M,

I wanted to thank you for taking time to describe your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express - State College. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel and amenities. Please come back and see us when your travels bring you back to State College. We appreciate your business!