“Nice hotel, convenient to Route 322”

Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in State College
GreenLeadersBronze level
NE Ohio
“Nice hotel, convenient to Route 322”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed here for one night as a stop-over to Philadelphia. We arrived late, and the front desk staff was very pleasant & helpful. The room was large and very clean. Breakfast was included, and there was a good selection for a free breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank annc123
TeeItUp666, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit to State College. I will share your comments with our housekeeping and guest service teams. We take great pride in serving our guests. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
New Jersey
Reviewed April 15, 2012

When we walked in the lobby, my 12 year old exclaimed, Wow!, this looks expensive. Perhaps for State College it was but the rooms were clean and spacious. The beds were comfortable. The common areas were very clean and well lit, and the breakfast was actually very good...even the coffee was worth a second cup. Can't be the convenience, literally right off the highway but without the highway noise. If you want to go to town, you have to drive or take the bus which drops you off across the street. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
JerseyJoePa-Thank you for choosing the award winning Holiday Inn Express for your visit to State College. We love to hear reactions like that of your 12 year old. We are all about WOWing our guests with cleanliness and great customer service. Please come back and see us again real soon!
West Mifflin, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in January for the 1st time. My son & I were there for a Penn State college meet. Marcia was the front desk agent for check in. She was very friendly. She gave us directions. She even included my 6 year old in conversation. The room was great! My remote needed new batteries. I informed Marcia and within minutes the maintenace worker brought them to my room. We returned on March 17th. Marcia was the front desk agent again. She remembered us. She called our room to make sure everything was ok with room. We received smiley cookies since St. Patrick's Day. We are returning this week. I would recommended this hotel The service was great!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GymnasticsMom22
TeeItUp666, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear GymnasticsMom,
Thank you very much for your remarks about your recent stay. It is great to hear that the service Marcia provided exceed your expectations. We are fortunate to have quality team members like Marcia that are passionate about serving others. We look forward to seeing you again soon. We appreciate your business!
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The hotel is clean and modern. The check in was quick and efficient. The evening front desk person, Andrew, was pleasant and helpful. We stayed in a room with full size beds. The mattress's were fine but the pillows were small and to soft. The room had a small desk which was adequate for work. The bathroom only has a shower stall which was not an issue for us. There was a second sink and vanity outside of the bathroom which is convenient if traveling as a couple or family. There is no refrigerator in the room.

Breakfast is free and is the typical buffet found at most Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn properties.

There are several chain restaurants within walking distance, including Olive Garden, Outback and Texas Roadhouse. The hotel provided a 10% office coupon for the Texas Roudhouse.

This hotel is minutes away from Penn State but is not in town. You will have to drive campus if that is the reason for your stay.

We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
junkdon,
Thank you for your positive feedback from your recent visit. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again soon. Thaks for choosing Holiday Inn Express!
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I must say that this is the nicest and cleanest Holiday Inn Express that I have ever stayed at! I arrived late in the evening and Marcia was the on-duty manager and she was very helpful to point me in the direction to area restaurants that were open. She even was helpful enough to place my order for me and have it delivered to my room, as I was extremely tired.

This is by far the best hotel experience that I have had to date, and I fully contribute it to the on duty staff!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Brad B - Hearing your comments just feeds our team's desire to continue exceeding every guests' expectations. Our entire team appreciates your business. We realize there are a lot of choices for accommodations, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express - State College. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!
Land of Pleasant Living
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Was in town to watch Michigan beat Penn State in basketball and loved our stay in this terrific property. Clean and comfortable with an attentive staff. Andrew checked us in quickly, upgrading us to a very nice suite - Platinum Rewards membership has its benefits! Later, when I discovered that none of the vending machines had any bottled water left, Andrew went in the back and returned with 2 bottles of water! He also arranged for us to use the pool at the hotel next door since this property doesnt have one. Rooms and common areas are clean and fresh, beds are comfortable, and the breakfast was hot and tasty. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Join Priority Club!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
TeeItUp666, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear cz75guy,
Thanks for staying with us while watching your Wolverines win in hoops. Platinum rewards members are our most valued customers and we love to upgrade them whenver possible. I will share your kind words on the service provided with my all star - Andrew! Enjoy your Summer!!
Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I was driving across Pennsylvania and needed a place to stay on a Friday night. I'm glad I stayed here! Check-in was quick and easy, and the room was large, clean, quiet, and comfortable. I needed to check out early in the morning, so I was pleased to see that this hotel has a 24-hour fitness room. I was able to get in an early workout, hit the well-stocked breakfast buffet, and be on the road before 6:30 a.m. If I find myself in State College again, I will most certainly stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
TeeItUp666, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your Trip Advisor response. We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon. Safe Travels!