Stayed for one night while passing through town. Hotel is located right of the highway which was a plus. Appeared to be in a location that would have many conveniences for the traveler, though we arrived after dark and didn't get to check out the area.
The lobby of the hotel is very nice. Makes one think of a hotel more upscale than a Holiday Inn Express. The breakfast was your typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast (sans the pancakes since that machine seemed to be broken.) Area was clean and well tended by the Breakfast folk.
The room was clean, but worn and dated looking. I gather the hotel is going through a remodel and guessing the the rooms we had booked were not yet remodeled. Nothing awful, just old and dated.
Check-in and check-out were speedy and pleasant. Like another reviewer, we had a bit of an issue with the night time desk staff. The night we stayed, the fire alarm went off very early in the morning. One of our traveling companions went down to the front desk to see what it was about and was treated rather rudely by the woman at the desk. Everyone else we dealt with in the hotel was very friendly and approachable.
Overall, a decent value for a decent hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express Hotel at Williamsburg Square. This friendly, award winning hotel is located just off Interstate 99/ U.S. 220 (322 bypass) minutes from downtown State College and in the heart of Centre County, PA. Visiting Penn State? Situated only 5 minutes from the Main Campus of Penn State, Beaver Stadium and the Bryce Jordan Center. The hotel is also located near South Hills Business School in State College and Juniata College in Huntington. Visiting a customer or other local business? The Colonnade Shopping Center, located close to the hotel, includes such stores as Target, Michael's, Kohl's, Dick's Sporting Goods and Wegman's Grocery store. Hungry? We are a 2-5 minute stroll from Outback, Olive Garden, Cracker Barrel and Texas Roadhouse restaurants. We are also a short drive from Accu-Weather, Raytheon, Chemcut, ARRIS, Schoolwires and PMG. Our hotel offers all the services a business traveler needs for a productive visit including free high-speed Internet! Visiting for leisure? Nestled in the heart of Lion Country, it would be our pleasure to have you as our guest while you are attending the Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts, Peoples Choice Festival, Centre County Grange Fair or Bellefonte Art and Crafts Fair. Visiting for an Athletic Event? We are closely located to all the main sporting venues at Penn State University, the McCoy Natatorium, Recreation Hall and the Indoor Track. We are also minutes away from the State College Area High School, Bellefonte Area High School and Hess Field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express @ Williamsburg Square, State College Hotel State College
- Holiday Inn State College
- State College Holiday Inn