“Best Option in Town”

Cuisines: Mexican
State College, PA
“Best Option in Town”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I would give Rey Azteca a 3.5 if i could. It's just slightly above average... Their complimentary chips and salsa are pretty good. The salsa tastes fresh. The food is portioned fairly well. My biggest complain (as with most "authentic Mexican restaurants) is that it just isn't quite there as far as flavor... just not the excitement in the seasonings that we look for. In the times we've dined, nothing has really stood out. The place is clean and we've always found the service excellent. We dine here maybe 4 times a year... and it really is the best Mexican in town.

• Visited September 2013

Tioga, Pennsylvania
“Nice find!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

On our way down to Blue Knob All Seasons Resort in south Pa and took an exit for a Long John Silver. Found this place instead. Wait staff spoke very little English so we had a hard time asking her questions about items on the menu. But the food was delicious. Ed really loved the rellenos ever though they were really spicy. The chips were homemade - light but crispy and WARM. Will be back in the area a couple more times in the 3 months and will definitely stop here again.

• Visited August 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
“Poor Mexican Food”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Sorry, this is some very poor Mexican food and now they are opening El Jalisco on Atherton. I can't imagine it is any better.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank KimberlyB
Osceola Mills, Pennsylvania
“Never Again!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just ate at this restaurant and did not have a good experience. The wait staff was awful-- we never had the same server come to our table twice, at least it seemed that way. Food looked and tasted unappetizing. My "pollo loco" was disgusting-- rubbery, stringy old meat smothered in over-salted "special sauce" which was nothing more than enchilada sauce.Their cheese sauce on my husband's looked nasty and had a film on it. I felt very unwell after eating their food. I think it was laden with MSG and gave me heart palpitations and nausea. The "fried ice cream" was a blob of ice cream rolled in stale cornflakes. Awful!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Elizabeth B
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Rey Azteca, recommended”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have eaten there multiple time when in the area. Good service, good food, good price.I have asked for a little of this or that, extra chips or salsa, no problem.

Visited February 2013