“Excellent location, just remember that it's a motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Imperial Motor Inn

Imperial Motor Inn
and 1 more site!
Imperial Motor Inn
Ranked #26 of 26 Hotels in State College
Maywood, New Jersey
“Excellent location, just remember that it's a motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was in State College for an overnight stay while my daughter was staying on PSU's campus for orientation. I didn't spend much time in the room, but while I was there, it was serviceable. Each room has cable and large screen TVs. I was also told there is wifi, though I did not have any devices to try it out. The fridge and microwave were a real bonus. One caveat: the office is not always open and/or there's not always someone at the desk. If you expect to receive any phone calls, you need to notify the desk agent and get the phone number that allows people to call your room directly, they cannot transfer calls like they do in full-service hotels. They will not give out your room number without your permission. I guess in today's day and age, that's not a bad thing. The one thing, though, that I really would have liked, was a security chain. The only lock was a push button. All in all, I'd say, it's a good place to stay, fantastic location, ample parking and the price can't be beat.

Room Tip: Rooms at the corner diagonal to the office are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

It ain't the Ritz, BUT... the room was clean and serviceable, the staff was friendly & helpful, the price was right, and the location is great. It's an old-fashioned "Motor Inn" out of the 50's/60's, so if you're looking for amenities and/or something modern, this won't be for you. But if the qualities I mention above are what matter to you, this is an appropriate place to stay. Very convenient access to PSU campus (couple of blocks) and to College Ave, the main drag.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

If your looking for a cheap place for football games here it is but buyer beware... It seemed a very large couple was going to town I'm each other in the room next to me and the walls are paper thin. I seriously was worried they would break the paper thin wall in orgism into my room. Besides that the 49 a night seemed par for the course.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Ash177
Pitsburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a football weekend. It was the end of the season and hotel rooms were plentiful, but we'd driven past the Imperial several times before and decided to give it a try. Big mistake. Rooms are stark, old and dingy. Bed was very uncomfortable. The shower/bathroom was clean and no mold. Would never stay here again (my wife would kill me!).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank rab-pgh

Travelers are raving about these State College hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

On a recent trip to main campus my bf and I were looking for a cheep place to spend the night as our plans had fizzled when a friend flaked on us. Seeing as it was a busy weekend for the campus (State Patty's Day) we didn't expect to be able to get anything nice at a good price so we thought this would be our best bet on a budget. I should have followed my instincts and turned around. Something told me it would not be a good experience.

Well turns out my instincts were dead on. The two boys on night duty seemed to barley function but were able to get us checked in eventually. Upon entering out room I was a even more convinced. The room was tiny but on the surface appeared ok if a bit dank and creepy. On closer inspection I was horrified to find saw dust or some sort of powder all over the carpet, hair all over the pillows(if u want to call them that since they were about as thick as a small notebook) and some very suspicious looking red stains on the sheets And undersides of the pillows.

I've stayed in some cheep motels before but I told my boyfriend that I would rather sleep on the floor of my very tiny 2 seater car than stay there another minute!

We were in the room less than five minutes so hoped to get our money refunded. We were told that the manager would have to approve a refund and that we would have to return the next morning. At this point it was 11 pm and we were angry enough to almost make our 3.5 hour drive home.however we were able to get a much nicer room at the local super 8 ( very nice,competent staff, CLEAN rooms). We returned the next day and had to argue with the manager on dutty for 10 minutes before she reluctantly agreed to refund our money after repeatedly accusing us of lying about the condition of our rooms.
Over all it was a TERRIBLE experience. Do NOT waste your time or money!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Lkt928
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Very convenient to campus and the main drag of PSU... nothing fancy just an average old "MOtel" - a place to rest your pounding head between hanging around at PSU for a weekend or whenever. Stayed here with some other friends & alumni for my bachelor party and this place did the trick!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends