“Perfect for My Needs”

Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in State College
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Perfect for My Needs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

This property exactly met my needs. I was in town for a conference and did not want to spend an arm and a leg. It was very reasonably priced and only a short drive to the location of my conference. The front desk personnel were genuinely nice. The small convenience store on site was very nice. I loved the walking/jogging paths around the property. As a woman traveling alone, I always felt safe. The small continential breakfast was a nice touch. The room was very clean and comfy and the bathroom actually sparkled.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank bermudafreak
Mandy E, General Manager at Nittany Budget Motel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
We are so pleased that you were satisfied with your stay and that we were able to meet your requirements! Our housekeeping staff loves hearing comments like yours! I will be sure to tell them that your room was just to your liking! Furthermore, I am personally pleased that you were able to walk around the area without worries. I understand the need for a sense of security when traveling alone and I am very glad that you found it here at the Nittany Budget. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what’s working at our property. We hope to have you back next time you’re in town for a conference!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

My daughter and son-in-law moved to State College and I stayed at this motel for three days last week while helping them move in. It was an excellent place to stay and I plan to stay here again whenever I return to State College to visit them. The room and bathroom were clean; things were quiet. It's a well-maintained motel and the persons in charge are attentive and caring. There's even a free continental-type breakfast available delivered to a "breakfast nook" that opens up right into your own room. In all my years of staying at motels that's a wonderful feature I'd never seen before. There's a convenience store within short walking distance, that has a Dunkin' Donuts. The price is more than reasonable. I had never been to State College before and was very glad I found this place.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelerM3295PU
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing! Our breakfast is definitely a favorite amenity at the Nittany Budget and we are pleased that you enjoyed it. We think it is a wonderfully unique feature in the growing landscape of cookie-cutter hotels. We are glad that you found us to be economical without sacrificing quality! Our staff will be very pleased to hear your kind words about them! Good luck to your daughter and son-in-law in their new home and we look forward to seeing you back soon!
Stroudsburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Everything from the staff to the motel room was great about the Nittany Budget Motel. From the time we checked to the time we checked out, the staff was super-friendly and obviously very proud of the NBM. The fact that we were also served breakfast daily as part of the cost, made an already very economical motel, even better. Also, the fact that they were pet friendly really made this the only place that I will stay when I am in State College! Keep up the great work, folks!

Room Tip: Probably rooms behind the hotel were more quiet - less car traffic and foot traffic. Very safe and...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank RunOverDepression
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel! We are so excited that you found everything to be above your satisfaction! We do love hearing that people enjoy the work we are doing, and I will pass your review along to the rest of my staff! We will be so very glad to welcome you and your canine friends back to the Nittany Budget. See you soon!
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

We visited during Arts Fest and had a wonderful stay. Staff was incredibly friendly and eager to help us with anything we needed. Affordable option (even during event weekends). Easy cab ride back from downtown (~$15 with tip). Highly recommended, low-cost option for a no frills stay in State College.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris J
Mandy E, General Manager at Nittany Budget Motel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your review! It pleases us greatly to hear that you recommend staying with us. We believe that the best indicator of how we are doing is whether you would recommend us to someone else. It’s wonderful to hear that you would! Furthermore, I’m glad you were able to get to downtown and back at a fairly low cost to you, and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We hope we were everything you needed and more. Hope to see you next time you’re in the area!
Marlboro, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Located west of State College, the motel is easy to find, seven minutes from Penn State, and priced lower than most other properties in State College. The room was clean, and had a mini-fridge and a microwave, plus a flat screen TV and free wifi. A complimentary breakfast (coffee, juice, bagels--you choose from a small menu selection) is delivered via a little locked nook at the time you specify. Staff was friendly, helpful, and approachable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Mandy E, General Manager at Nittany Budget Motel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
I am so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our goal is to provide an excellent guest experience at a great value. We are thrilled to hear your positive review. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Happy Valley!
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed during Arts Festival. Motel is clean, comfortable and a short drive to town. Management and housekeeping were friendly. In fact, one housekeeper verbalized her pleasure of working for the motel. Receiving coffee, bagels and juice in the "nook" was an added plus.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared to be quiet!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mandy E, General Manager at Nittany Budget Motel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel! We are so very glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Nittany Budget! Furthermore, I am so very glad that our housekeeper expressed how much she enjoys working here. Esther was very pleased to hear that her hard work is being noticed and appreciated! We are glad that you enjoyed breakfast in the morning and found yourselves conveniently located for your visit to the area! We hope to see you back here for next Arts Fest, if not before!
Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We came very late and thw receptionist welcomed us with a big smile.
Room was little bit smelly (maybe from the older carpet) after few minutes with opened window it was away.
bathroom seems renovated and also wifi comes for free.

• Stayed July 2014
Mandy E, General Manager at Nittany Budget Motel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your review! We apologize for the smell in your room, but glad that it was easily resolved. Our friendly staff is always ready to help our guests have a more comfortable stay. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy our complimentary Wi-Fi! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!