“Had two good stays here.”

Nittany Budget Motel
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in State College
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
“Had two good stays here.”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Simple clean and great for the budget especially when visiting your child in PSU. Bring your own hair dryer and toiletries , they only supply bar soap. Workers are always friendly and it was very quiet the two times I stayed.

Room Tip: I like that you can pick the room you want to stay in. I have stayed in both the King and the Double...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank beachpotatoenc
ScottMcKee, General Manager at Nittany Budget Motel, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post another review!
As manager, I appreciate being able to "see" we are achieving a certain amount of consistency in providing excellent service.

Also, thank you for the provided travel tips - for your information and for any future Nittany Budget guests, we do have shampoo, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards all available in the office.
We do not charge for any of these items.
Having these items available on a request basis is one example of the small but significant ways we manage our costs as a small budget property and, in turn, maintain such reasonable rates.

Thank you again for your kind comments!

Most Sincerely,
Scott McKee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Harrisburg, PA 17125
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Mid Feburary and I had to travel to State College for an adult weekend class. Everything close was booked, but I found this small budget hotel a few miles from town. Upon exterior appearance of the motel, it looks good. It's your typical travel motel.
The office is located in a beer store. They call it a bottle store. I had never heard that term before, but I was pretty sure I knew what they meant. I checked in and the staff was very friendly. I had booked a handicap room on the end of the strip hoping that it would be very quiet. I was not disappointed, the room was very quiet! A great place to study.
Cons: Well almost every place has cons. This room was no exception. I think this was the most worn out bed I have ever tried to sleep in. The box spring was collapsed and the matress was about as bad. I am talking about collapsed and there is nothing on the bed. It was definately time for a new bed!!
The room was semi-clean There was a countertop where you could sit and do typical office work. The tv was plugged into one of the outlets located next to the countertop. I am not joking when I say it had enough dust on it that I swear it was not dusted in over 6 months. I am talking right out in the open, not down near the floor.
The next thing I noticed was heavy cob (spider) webs on on the wall. Not your typical spider web that anyone can have, but webs that were full of dut! Not been touched in years probalby. This is just unacceptable!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank rice_4_me
ScottMcKee, General Manager at Nittany Budget Motel, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience.

We strive to exceed our customers’ expectations and want to assure you we have addressed your concerns.

I have met with our housekeeping staff to review daily cleaning procedures. Our annual AAA Inspection completed earlier this month complimented the cleanliness of our rooms though we can always find ways to improve our efforts.

Following inspection, we are ordering a new bed and box spring for the room in question. As a budget property, we do not have the resources to replace all of our beds at the same time. We are grateful for customer feedback, as it assists us in prioritization.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your experience. It provides us the opportunity to improve in our efforts to offer exceptional stays for you and for all future guests.

Scott McKee
Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed here on a last-minute situation and were very pleased. The facilities were clean and quiet, the staff friendly and helpful, they are very dog-friendly (becoming more difficult in many places), and also found their Wi-Fi service fast and problem-free. Their price was quite reasonable and the delivered breakfast the next morning was excellent. Absolutely no problems -- would recommend anyone to stay here !!

Room Tip: We stayed right next to the check-in area and it was nice and quiet, so assume that they are all go...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thyngsd
Chillicothe, Ohio
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We can honestly say that we have never come across friendlier, more accommodating management! And what a value! It's dog-friendly too. Our room was clean and unbelievably spacious! We had a king-size bed, a microwave, a fridge, lots of dresser and desk/counter space, a love seat, four chairs! And there was still lots of free floor space. (Just ask our large Newfoundland dog.) We had free wireless and a Continental breakfast was delivered directly to our room at a time of our choosing! You can be sure we'll return whenever we're in the area!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank flipnewf
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed June 12, 2011

The staff was super friendly and attentive. We stayed for a week for 7-day mountain bike race, so we enjoyed the air conditioning and cable TV while escaping the PA heat wave when we were not racing. The rooms are nothing fancy, but they are clean and comfortable for the price. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MTBer_00
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 11, 2011

I have stayed at this motel for the last 6-7 years. I love the fact that when I can back my van up to the door and unload without the hassles of getting a luggage cart, waiting for an elevator, and trying to get everything in one trip because of the distance to the parking lot. If a businessman is looking for a place to work on a project, this would be a great location because of the long counter area in each room. There is a restaurant in walking distance and there is a microwave/refrigerator in every room. I will continue to stay at this motel because I have always been greeted warmly. The location is quiet and I have always felt safe when I stayed there.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank PSUfan51
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Pros:

Clean room
BIG room
Microwave and fridge
Free wifi
Bathroom had this neat orange heat lamp in the ceiling!
Continental breakfast DELIVERED to your room in a cubby! neat indeed!

Cons:
They could have a bigger selection for a breakfast. You get coffee, and a bagel OR a danish (Not a lot of food)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Rhapsody75