“This was freaking amazing! Everyone should get ice cream here once in their lives.”
Review of Berkey Creamery

Berkey Creamery
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in State College
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This should be on the Food Network. It's that good. I read somewhere that PSU is where Ben and Jerry learned to make ice cream. I can see why now! I had a bowl of Cookies and Cream that was mind blowing. The service is typical of a well run ice cream shop. It was so good, I was filled with glee when I saw their stand outside Beaver Stadium on gameday. The line was just as efficiently run there as well. I can't say enough good things about this place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,075)

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I am in love with death by chocolate. It was sooooo good and a very good treat. I was eating it to quickly and half of it was all over my shirt and face and the other in my tummy. I felt like a little kid again.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

An abundance of choices awaits you, but you may only pick one flavor so choose wisely.

The portions are huge.Despite reading that in other reviews I was still amazed. One portion could feed 2 easily. The staff was very busy the day we stopped by and we had to reiterate our flavor choices and cone vs. cup several times. I wouldn't get a cone ... mine was cracked due to the pressure of packing ice cream on top and you can't eat it fast enough. Plus the cone is rather skinny. A cup is much more manageable and less messy.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Born originally in South Philly and having experienced Breyer's Ice Cream from childhood which few realize today was Philly's best of all time the bar is set high. I asked for 2 scoops on a cone of different flavors, paid for it but was then told when I got to the scoop line 2 scoops on one cone was not possible? Huh, I just paid for that! What I then got after an argument from the college kid was 1 cone and a scoop of each flavor in 2 separate cups? What is going on. The scoops I got Paterno Peach (didn't they tear his statue down but the ice cream lives) had no peach slices in it and the Almond had no almonds at least that I could taste. So other than heavy butterfat content Breyer's Plain Vanilla still wins and the Cornell University Ice Cream Bar also blows this away!

Verdict: save your money and time, buy a container of Breyer's Vanilla Ice Cream at the local grocery store.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Best ice cream in town. The selection of flavors and other assorted products sold in the creamery makes it well worth the trip.