“ICE CREAM YOU SCREAM”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Ben and Jerry learned how to do HERE! A must stop for any visit to PSU. President Clinton is only one who gets more than one flavor in your cone

There are newer reviews for Berkey Creamery

Reviewed March 16, 2013

As a Michigan State alum, I really wanted to not like the Creamery at Penn State. It won me over. It has a long history and a clean modern store, but what's really important is the taste of the ice cream. MSU's is still first in my heart, but anytime I'm near Happy Valley I'm heading for the Creamery!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

OK, I like ice cream (who doesn't?) We visited Penn State for admitted students day on a really cold February weekend, and I wasn't sure any ice cream place would be worth stopping in. I was wrong. A friendly student pointed us in the direction of the Creamery and said to park in the adjacent lot and "leave your lights flashing". We pulled into the parking deck and saw exactly what she meant (free 30 minute parking) and found the Creamery. Upon seeing the very long line I figured we were on to something good. The line moves quickly, and staff knows what they are doing. The butter pecan was awesome. The portions are huge (husband and daughter had the pb swirl). Even though I was full, I finished the whole thing on the way to our hotel. Some reviewers have complained they won't mix flavors, but it makes sense given the crowds. Bottom line--do not miss this place if you are in the area. BTW, the dining halls at Penn State serve this ice cream. I tried the peachy Paterno at lunch the next day, and it is my new favorite. Oh my.

1  Thank Dante81
Reviewed February 23, 2013

There is great history in the Berkey Creamery. I'm told that Ben and Jerry learned how to make ice cream from Penn State. The great thing about this place is that you pay half of what you would at Ben and Jerry's and get twice as much. Most normal people can share one. The quality is really good and they maintain the place very well. It is always clean. When you come to visit your kids or friends or come to attend a game or concert, stop by. You'll enjoy it.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Premium ice cream and dairy products produced from University's own herd of dairy cows. WPSX Coffee Break and the black walnut frozen yogurt are my favorites.