My family and I stayed at the Comfort Suites in State College, PA in August 2014.
This hotel is located in the center of State College, not far form the college campus. It is back in, off the road, behind a TGI Fridays and Sleep Inn hotel. We had to drive through the campus to get the hotel, coming from the south (Harrisburg, PA). If I had not been using my GPS, since our arrival was at night, I may have gotten lost.
The hotel is clean and comfortable. The room had a good size bathroom near the entrance, a small sink, refrigerator, and microwave outside the bathroom. Then it had a sofa and desk in the middle of the room. The 2 queen beds were on the far side of the large room, with a smaller (than usual) flat screen TV. The desk had power outlets and 2 USB ports for electronics to charge (nice!). The WiFi was a decent speed.
The included breakfast was good, with 2 kinds of waffle batter and 2 waffle makers. It pretty much had the usual foods and juices (including cranberry). The number of tables was limited, so it filled up fairly quickly. The breakfast was only until 9:30am. Most hotels have extended breakfast until 10:00am, which helps when you want to sleep in.
There is an indoor pool and fitness room, but we did not use those. So I cannot comment on how those were, except that the kids in the pool, when we arrived, looked like they were having fun.
I had 2 minor issues with this hotel. One is that it is on a hill (central PA is very hilly). So we had to park the car on a slope with the emergency brake on. The parking lot was lit (at night), but not very well lit.
Also, when we arrived, we were greeted by many people smoking around the entrance, which we really did not want to breathe in. They should move the smoking area off to the side.
Other than those 2 issues, and the fact that the hotel is not the easiest to find, I do recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Behind every great stay is a great night at the Comfort Suites in State College, PA. This is an all-suites hotel near Penn State University, Pegula Ice Arena and The Arboretum at Penn State. This smoke-free State College family suite hotel near the Mount Nittany Medical Center is conveniently located, giving you easy access to a variety of restaurants, activities, and points of interest in State College. Enjoy the combination of cozy accommodations, friendly service and wonderful amenities at the Comfort Suites Penn State Rested, set, go—book now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites Penn State reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel State College
- Comfort Suites State College
- State College Comfort Suites