“Where to go for that great sandwich”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
State College, Pennsylvania
“Where to go for that great sandwich”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This used to be know as the "Stage Door Deli," with the sandwich combinations named after movie stars. Better combinations and better names now, with the sandwiches named after notable Penn Staters. (And yes, there are many, which will cause you to linger over the menu making up your mind). Great deli fare, good portions. You can eat in at the inside or outside tables, or take your sandwiches, sides, and drinks for a nice picnic on Old Main Lawn.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank heartlesspwg

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Dream Sandwich”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Whatever you can dream up sandwich-wise, The Fraser Street Deli can put together. Food is consistently good, student servers are consistently pleasant. On Sundays, they make the best Italian Wedding Soup I've ever had.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank DMynar
“Great food and fun atmosphere”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

There are so many wonderful things on the menu, you will not know which one to choose. Everything I've ever eaten here was excellent and the service is very good. It is a relaxed atmosphere (college town) in a neat old building with ALOT of old wood trim - nice.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank MarciaM
Bradford, Pennsylvania
“Perfect little gem in a busy college town”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Outstanding, clean, healthy options,efficient,delicious, and the chocolate chip cookies are to die for! What else is there?

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Turney88
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing first experience”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I ordered online on a Sunday afternoon and heard nothing for the restaurant for 1.5 hours. When I called, I was promptly put on hold for several minutes before getting to explain myself. Drivers do not usually know how to find my house so I thought he/she may have gotten lost. However, when I said I had been waiting 1.5 hours, the staff person answered, "Nope, 55 minutes, and your driver is already out." I told him when I had placed the order and he looked up my order again- confirming he was wrong and telling me the food was on its way. Immediately following the call, I got a call from the driver rudely asking for directions. As previously stated, I am more than willing to help provide directions but did not anticipate his rudeness. The hash browns taste like charcoal, but my sandwich was tasty. I will give them one more chance but will not recommend to friends until they show adequate service.

1 Thank Meghan W