“One of my favorites in State College!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn State College

Residence Inn State College
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in State College
Windsor Locks, Connecticut
“One of my favorites in State College!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Everything is always perfect here! Room is always clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I think th rates are a little high but I am willing to pay for a nice, clean place to lay my head!
Was sad to see that they have moved to the 2 night minimum stay for Penn State "move in" weekend. Leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth to require a 2 night stay when I don't need it. Needless to say, we'll be staying elsewhere in August!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn State College, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
BINK61,
It’s great to receive your review and kind comments about our clean hotel and friendly staff. Your feedback is important to me and provides opportunities for improving guest satisfaction. I sincerely apologize for your disappointment in our 2 night minimum for Penn State move in weekend. We value you as our guest and hope you will consider staying with us again in August. Thank you again for writing.

Shane Niman, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was in town visiting my old roommates (we all went to PSU) and decided to stay here. It was such a gem! The room was clean and spacious and and equipped with all the ammenities we needed. The kitchen was fully stocked with clutlery, serving dishes, plates, forks, etc. It had a dishwasher, full sized fridge and microwave - and complimentary bags of popcorn!

The TV is newer and nice, the beds are what I expect from any Marriott (absolutely AMAZING), the bathroom was nice and clean, the couch was comfy.....it was all very nice!

The staff was super nice. The desk attendant who checked us in was really friendly (I forget his name, but he was wearing a pink dress shirt). Jose was funny and full of smiles and Stephanie, (the guest care manager who cheked us out on our last day), was an absolute delight. They were all about the guest which ultimately makes or breaks a hotel.

All in all, lovely staff, lovely room and a lovely stay. I'll definitely be back next time I'm in the area!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn State College, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
alias1on1,
Thank you for your review. I hope you had a great time visiting with your old roommates from PSU. We appreciate your complimentary feedback on our great hotel, spacious rooms and friendly staff. I’ll be sure to recognize Jose and Stephanie with a special commendation for their excellence in customer service. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Residence Inn State College. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were in State College for admitted student day, and chose the Residence Inn as the rooms are more spacious. The staff was friendly when we arrived, and throughout the visit. While the kitchen area in the room seemed a bit worn compared to other Residence Inns we've visited, the queen suite provided two separate sleeping areas (my daughter used the sleeper sofa in the living room area) which was perfect. There were two TVs, also nice to have. If my daughter decides to attend Penn State (she loved the visit), I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dante81
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn State College, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dante81,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you and your daughter stayed with us while visiting Penn State. We're glad you liked our property and wonderful staff. Should your travels bring you back to our area, please stay with us again. We look forward to it.
Shane A. Niman
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We needed a place that could accommodate two adults *plus* a large dog while we were moving into the area. This hotel is very nice; the room was clean and comfortable and the staff very friendly. We asked for (and received) a room close to the door so we could exercise our dog. There is a small pet-walk area, complete with doggy-bags and a waste receptacle. This Residence Inn is very conveniently located, with restaurants and a supermarket close by, handy if you are here for more than a few days.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn State College, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
heartlesspwg,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Residence Inn. We're glad you and your family stayed with us while making your transition, and we're pleased you felt well accommodated. We wish you well and appreciate your kind comments.
Shane A. Niman
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've stayed nearby and will always return to this place. Rooms have always been clean, Staff is very, very good and courteous and helpful. On my most recent trip I had one issue with a dog in the room across the hall. This place indicates that it is "pet friendly". Well I am pet allergy friendly, so I'm always concerned with getting a room that had a previous canine or feline tenant. So far I haven't had a big problem with animals in my room. I hope they segregate pet rooms and don't put non-pet people in the same rooms. This latest trip however, I didn't have to get up early so was envisioning a little extra snooze time. Not to be, the dog across the hall began barking (very loudly) at about 5:30 AM and could not be quieted apparently. At about 7 AM, it sounded like someone was being murdered in the room. Apparently the very large pit bull had "gotten out again" according to the staff member who went to the room to quell the disturbance and ended up walking the dog down the hall past me. Cheers to staff for taking care of this dog, boo to people who travel with unruly pets and subject fellow travelers to their personal issues.

Room Tip: I don't know if anyone pays attention to requests, but I'd ask for a room out of the zoo win...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn State College, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Craig K,
Thank you for writing a review and letting us know of your pleasant stay with us at Residence Inn. We're delighted to hear that you've stayed with us before and you like our hotel and staff. I apologize for the dog disturbing you. I'm glad to know that our staff was able to quiet down the dog, but nonetheless, it's unfortunate that your sleep was disturbed during this incident. I appreciate your feedback and hope you'll visit us again. Please keep us as your place to stay in State College.
Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I had an extended stay there and I can't say enough good things. The staff was friendly and helpful including management. The rooms were clean and the breakfast outstanding. I highly recommend it for a family stay or business trip. Close to shopping and plenty of restaurants.

Room Tip: Call in plenty of time during football season.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn State College, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Steve K,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Residence Inn. We loved having you and your wife stay with us, and we appreciate your kind comments about our staff and hotel. Your recommendation is also appreciated. We wish you both well.
Erie, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We met up with friends here, as State College is about a four hour drive for each of us. We stayed in a 2 Bedroom Suite so that we could actually hang out with each other and have a common area. Plus, my husband and I have two kids, so the separate bedroom is always handy. While this place looked like a "normal" Residence Inn on the surface, it didn't seem quite up to the Marriott brand standards. We had a laundry list of broken items--our fireplace didn't work, the phone in our bedroom was broken, there was a broken mirror on the door to our closet (not the safest thing with a 2 year old running around), the room temp could not be regulated (it was either too hot or too cold no matter what we did), and the beds were NOT comfortable (again, not up to Marriott's standards--usually the bed is the best thing about them; these mattresses were worn out).

However, that being said, we did have ample space for 6 people (which you can't beat), and the breakfasts were WAY better than most of the hotels I've stayed in (they had real eggs, not powdered, which definitely made my husband happy). The staff were also quite accommodating when it came to bringing us a crib for our baby (although they seemed to not even care when we mentioned...simply so they were aware...everything that wasn't working in the room).

The pool was a nice size; the workout room had dated equipment. I would have expected newer equipment since the lobby seemed to have been recently renovated. The location is nice in that it is a bit away from the hustle and bustle of campus. There are a lot of things around, but you can still get away from it easily. My friend and I were able to go for a jog nearby and everything turned quickly residential.

I come to State College frequently for work, and I will likely not stay here again (I prefer the Fairfield Inn or Springhill Suites if I'm staying in a local Marriott). But if you're looking for somewhere with a little more space, particularly if you have kids and want to let them run around, and you don't mind that things are not 100% modern (the kitchen is quite dated), then this would be a good option for you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Emily A
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn State College, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
PSUEmily,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear that you and your friends were able to meet up, and delighted to know you chose Residence Inn as your meeting place. I'm glad you liked our spacious suites, and especially glad to know you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast buffet. I apologize for the broke items you mentioned, and I'll make sure to discuss your comments with our maintenance staff. We hope you will consider keeping Residence Inn as your place to stay in State College as we continue to make improvements and provide the best customer service possible.