“Affordable place, friendly and hard-working staff, excellent location, very clean!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I am a violinist that came to audition to PSU School of Music. My overall experience in State College will be one that will be very close to my heart, and I will remember for a lifetime. Rodeway Inn made such experience even better!!! I did not have the chance to meet Mr. Bob Patel, but I always interacted with Mr. Parmar at the front desk. He is truly warmhearted, honest, dependable and extremely responsible at what he does. Not only does he take his job seriously but he makes you feel welcome! Besides, my room was very clean! It had exactly all that I needed to be comfortable without having to break my piggy bank. I was able to practice my violin within reasonable "noise hours" without any problem! The location is wonderful, just an 8 minute walk from School of Music and there is even a CATA bus stop to take you to campus!!
I would definitely, definitely come back here, and I don't hesitate to recommend Rodeway Inn! If you are looking for great price, location, cleanliness and a friendly staff is important to you, make sure you consider Rodeway Inn!!!
Thank you Mr. Parmar, and to your wife, for treating me so well! God bless you!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Bob P, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Hi Alvaro,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We will see you back in future.
Best Regards,
Front Desk Manager.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

If price is the main consideration, you can get a good deal here. The hotel is close to the campus and easily accessible by vehicle. The family that runs the hotel lives on the first floor. Get ice from the office when you check in.

Room Tip: Ask for the room directly above the office. It's unusually large and you won't have noise f...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Bob P, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I recently stayed at the Rodeway Inn in State College, PA. I was passing through the area and was drawn to the affordable price. Before my stay I was concerned that the hotel would be either run-down or unclean do the economical price I was to pay. On the contrary, I found my unit to be clean and very acceptable.

The General Manager Bob Patel was very responsive to all of my needs, as I had some issues with the way I had filled out my reservation. With Mr. Patel's help, we were able to work out all issues, which alleviated a great deal of stress for me. I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially customer service to any passer-through.

The only reason I gave this hotel an average rating was due to the fact that the hotel is quite dated in its amenities. However, Mr. Patel actually made the experience much more than average.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank hardrock44
Bob P, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Rodeway Inn

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I recently stayed at the Rodeway Inn in State College, PA. I made the reservation online and was immediately sent an email confirmation. When I arrived I was greeted by a super friendly General Manager Bob Patel. Mr. Patel clearly likes his job and it shows. My room was probably one of the cleanest hotel rooms I have stayed at. I was not expecting what I got, but was very happy with everything from management to cleanliness and also convenience of location. It is a great value for the money and I plan to always use this hotel for State College visits.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2013

All of our usual spots in state college were taken. The only place available was this and we worried that, with such a low rate, what would we find? We found a good sized room, a microwave, fridge, tv with cable and cleanliness. This place was cleaner than some of the more expensive places we've stayed. Yes, the bathroom is small, but immaculate. The room had everything we needed. My only complaint? The towels were those very thin ones. That will not prevent me from returning. It is convenient to just about everything. North Atherton has every possible food option available, and the university is a short walk away.
Oh, and it was quiet at night! A very good deal.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I spent the day at PSU and after a lot of walking around campus, running errands in town this room was just what I needed. The price is what originally attracted me but the staff is the reason I will return. My room was clean, and larger than I thought it would be.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank P Lloyd L
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Rode the Harley to state college and took a chance on the Roadway inn. What a wonderful place, room was clean and spacious vaulted ceilings. Could not have found a better place to stay for the price. Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: August 2013