“Clean and comfortable, no frill hotel more comfortable beds than the Sleep Inn across the street”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in State College
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Spouse and I travelled through State College on our way to drop off and pick up our son from Camp Woodward. We stayed at the Sleep Inn across the street last weekend, and decided to stay here this weekend to save some money, $30. I will say we were a little scared when we pulled up....outside entrances on the 1st floor. We requested a 2nd floor room and were pleasantly accommodated by Mr. Patel. The place probably hasn't had the decor updated in years....wood paneling in the hallways, navy blue carpeting in the rooms....but I will say the place is spotless. Very large room with cathedral ceiling, micro fridge and microwave tv. Free WiFi. Old bathroom, but again very clean. King size bed and pillows are more comfortable than the Sleep Inn we were at across the street last week. Skip the breakfast....muffins and juice or coffee, and go to the Waffle restaurant up the street. will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room....cathedral ceilings and no car lights.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 15, 2010

I wish we'd spent the extra money to be right on campus, and skipped the sparse accommodations of this place. I guess everything is relative, so maybe the other folks who wrote reviews are not used to staying in nicer places. Next time, I'll spring for the Nittany Inn, Atherton Inn or Penn Stater. The hotel also mixed up our reservation, but did handle that appropriately and not charge us for their own mistake.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank UDLinda
Reviewed April 10, 2010

This motel is very basic lodging. The room and bathroom were small, but I was impressed with the cleanliness. I was there on a weekday and it was also quite peaceful and quiet. I slept very well. It is only minutes from the PSU campus and is very reasonably priced. I do not know if they charge more during football season but I was charged $71 for two double beds. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank PghCondor
Reviewed November 16, 2009

This place is perfect for an alumni weekend when you have been partying and need a bed to sleep in (even though the rates are very expensive as with everyone other hotel in State College). Its clean and basic. Don't expect anything special.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2009

Pluses: Inexpensive, located near campus, A/C and TV work well

Minuses: Don't expect plush carpeting or fancy bathroom.

Other: Get a second floor room so headlights from parkers don' shine in room, and second floor rooms have nice, high ceilings.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2009

Conveniently located near the Penn State campus, the Rodeway Inn delivers clean, comfortable rooms and friendly staff. I have stayed here on multiple occasions and leave satisfied every time. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, wireless internet in the rooms and refrigerator/microwaves. I highly advise you to stay here during your next trip to Happy Valley.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 25, 2009

The Rodeway Inn fit all my travel needs perfectly. It is low-priced, about a 15 minute walk from Penn State University, my room had a microwave, refridgerator, cable, free wireless internet and there are plenty of places to get food just down the road.

The thing I appreciated most was that they let me check out late because my flight didn't leave until late afternoon and I did not rent a car. They were very accommodating to my needs, I stayed two nights and they kept my room very clean. They even have a continental breakfast (muffins, juice and coffee).

The Rodeway Inn really exceeded my expectations, I would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)