“Always clean - very accommodating”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in State College
Virginia
“Always clean - very accommodating”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have stayed at this motel many times in the past 4 years. It's always clean. Rooms have recently been remodeled. Front desk very helpful and polite. Breakfast buffet tidy,and dining area clean but the food is average motel breakfast food.
Always felt very safe at this motel.

Room Tip: It's easy to miss the turn to get back to the motel. The motel sits back off of Atherton.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent visit to State College. Our Sleep Inn is a Designed to Dream location offering modern rooms and a complimentary Morning Medley Breakfast at a great value. I am happy to hear that you have always found your rooms to be very clean as we strive to provide a great experience for all of our guests. Thank you for your business and please keep us in mind for all of your future travel plans to State College.

Wes Lomison
AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Elkton, Maryland, United States
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed here overnight while visiting Penn State University. Extremely close to the university (less than 3 minutes) and very reasonably priced (under $100). The staff was very friendly and the room just lovely! Very, very clean and we got a microwave and refrigerator room without even asking. Plenty of counter space for your toiletries. Ironing board, iron and hair dryer included. A/C worked great. TV with cable. Free wifi. Ice and vending machines worked. Free continental breakfast. Staff very pleasant. Several restaurants and plenty of shopping very close. Our favorite thing about the entire stay was the water pressure in the shower. It was out of this world! Would definitely stay again in a heartbeat. If you're in the area this should be your top pick!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Shaun B
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
We enjoyed having you stay with us and we certainly hope we will see you again! Thank you so much for the wonderful comments and great recommendation. Our desire is that every guest will feel comfortable and welcomed throughout the duration of their stay. Thank you for acknowledging our efforts!

Wes Lomison
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed at the Sleep Inn at State College for 1 night. The room, linen and towels were clean and nice. The shower was amazing with good pressure. Breakfast was good and even better was the service from the lady bringing out the breakfast. Will stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
sleep16803, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Peter,

Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn of State College while visiting the area. We appreciate your kind comments and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our oversized Sleep Signature Showers are a great way to get the morning started. Our staff takes pride in the services they provide and they strive to make the Sleep Inn of State College a "Home away from Home" for our guests. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Krista Olson
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This makes my fourth visit to this Sleep Inn, and they are nothing if not consistent. My last trip here was just over two years ago and nothing seems to have changed -- the friendly service at check in and check out, the spotless housekeeping and the nicely kept grounds.

Actually, one thing has changed, for the better: The breakfast area has been expanded into the adjacent meeting room, which solves the problem of the jammed seating area that I encountered on one of my previous stays. And one other minor detail: This was the first time that I ended up in a first floor room. There were a few heavy footsteps in the room above now and then, revealing the building's typical budget motel build quality, but I still was able to sleep well. It was much quieter than a lot of other hotels I've been in.

You could do a lot worse than this hotel, even at higher prices, so I still recommend it as Happy Valley's best deal.

Room Tip: You'll hear a few creaks and thumps from footsteps in the rooms above if you're in one of th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for such positive feedback!. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Wesley Lomison
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Our 3 day stay at the Sleep Inn was fantastic! The rooms were well decorated and comfortable, the staff was friendly and we saw them clean things in the hotel that I would never even think to clean. The only drawback is the small bathroom, but otherwise it is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at our hotel. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. Our staff works hard and takes pride in our hotel and the cleanliness they provide our guests; they like to pay attention to the details! We are so glad you enjoyed staying with us. We appreciate you and value your business. We hope to see you again soon, Safe Travels!

Wesley Lomison
Michigan
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This hotel was clean and for the first 2 nights of our stay, quiet. The third night they put someone in the room above us, and the whenever they walked around their room, our ceiling creaked loudly...we even had a white noise machine & the fan on, and it was still very annoying. The breakfast that is included is average, nothing special. The employees were very friendly & willing to help whenever asked, especially the breakfast room ladies.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
I am glad you chose to stay at the Sleep Inn while visiting the State College area. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the noise issue you experienced during the last night of your stay. Our Staff is hard working and takes great pride in the service they provide our guests, this is why your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Lisa Ripka
DuBois, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn many times and it never disappoints. The rooms are small but very clean. The only draw back for some is that there is only a stand up shower stall. The furnishings are relatively new. Each room has a refrigerator & microwave. The front desk staff, especially Wes, are extremely helpful. It is close by to plenty of restaurants and not far from downtown State College or the Penn State campus. After we checked out I realized I had forgotten my sweater. I called and they put me on hold while they checked the room. They found it and brought it to the front desk for me. When I walked in to retrieve it, Wes recognized me right away. I didn't have to tell him what I was there for. It is nice to have great customer service in a world where that is sometime hard to find.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sleep Inn during your visits to State College, Pa. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your experiences about your stays at our hotel. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. Our staff works hard and takes pride in our hotel and the services they provide our guests; they are so glad you enjoy staying with us. We appreciate your loyalty and value your business. We hope to see you again soon, Safe Travels!

Lisa Ripka