“Good value for the price”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in State College
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“Good value for the price”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was visiting my son at State College and the Sleep Inn was close to his apartment. The room was more than adequate, nothing fancy but it was clean and the price was reasonable. Front desk staff was efficient and friendly. I've stayed here a couple of times and would not hesitate to use the hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Julie S
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn during your recent visit to State College. We appreciate your comments and are pleased that you ejoyed your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving you again soon.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bath, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Close to the Beaver Stadium, and Bryce Jordon Center.
Stayed 2 nights, nice clean room, Front desk very friendly and professional. Only issue is thin walls, could here every moan and groan in other rooms. small bathrooms . Otherwise nice property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jackiejw
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns about the Sleep Inn We take great pride in the services we provide our guests and the goal of our front desk staff is to offer a welcoming and friendly atmosphere so you feel right at home. Thank you for your business and please keep us in mind for all of your future travel plans to State College.

Assistant Manager
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had a terrible night after my car broke down with a blown engine on I-80 near Snow Shoe, PA. My car was towed to State College, another 30 miles away, to the nearest place of available service. If that wasn't enough, some event in town led to the snatching up of every hotel room for miles around this college town. I managed to find a room here and booked it right away. Some chain hotels can be a drag to stay at, but I needed to rest and had no choice. I couldn't have asked for better service from the staff. They took care of me right way, and with sympathy for my crappy night. My room was a shock. It was beautiful, as an oasis in troubled waters. I would definitely return from the service alone.

Room Tip: The location couldn't be better. Not to far from the freeway and not to consumed by the mega-bu...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MrCrossIsBoss
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
I appreciate your comments and I am glad we were able to accommodate you. Our Sleep Inn is a Designed to Dream location offering cozy, modern rooms at a great value. Our staff is second to none, they take great pride in the service they provide to all our guests. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Your In Service

Northeastern PA
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Nothing fancy but a good value: a clean room for a low price and no surprises. This is the standard Sleep Inn room - very compact. If you want a larger room for a larger price, we'd recommend the Comfort Suites next door where we have stayed for longer visits (and reviewed previously). But if you are just dropping in and out of State College for an event and need a clean place to sleep close to the University, this Sleep Inn is a good choice. It is a good location with a short drive south to campus or north to Atherton Street food and shopping. A TGI Friday's is just a few steps out the front door. Only small complaint is most of the parking is curled around behind the building and not really well lit. We picked this Sleep Inn for the low price and we would not hesitate to use it again for a quick overnight stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn during your recent visit to State College. We appreciate your comments and are pleased that you ejoyed your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon.

Scottdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent one night at this hotel to attend a concert. The only room available was a smoking room. I am a smoker but do not smoke in my home so the smoke smell was a bit overwhelming. The decor was nice and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very small with just a shower. I would stay here again but get a non smoking room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Sleep Inn. We were pleased that you chose to stay with us while visiting State College for a concert. We are in a convenient location for our guests that are attending concerts and other events at the Bryce Jordan Center. Thank you for your business and please keep us in mind for all of your future travel plans to State College.

Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was looking ofr a clean, cheap, no frills hotel for an unexpected overnight stay. Bathroom could have been cleaner. Toilet needed a good brushing, etc. Bed comfort was acceptable...not the best, not the worst. Didn't like that the AC component of the climate control has been disab;ed, not doubt due to the fact that is was the end of October and they didn' t want people to still be using it. Problem was, it was a 75 degree day and the room was stuffy. The fan circulated the air but didn't cool it off. On first floor with room faces back of building so opening windows didn't seem safe. They did have breakfast but I didn't try it so can't speak to it. All in all, for just a reasonable night's sleep, it worked.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
I appreciate your comments and it was disappointing to read the issues you experienced during your recent stay with us. Our staff takes great pride in the service they provide to all our guests and we hope you will give us another chance if your travels bring you back to the State College area.

Mansfield, PA
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed just one night here while in town for a concert and couldn't have been more pleased. The price was right for one night. The location was convenient and quiet. The room, although small, was clean and comfortable, and suitable for a brief stay. The bed was super firm - slept great! The pillows were small - not sure what that was about. All the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was not spectacular but, again, in line with the price. Would definitely stay there again if in town for a brief stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
sleep16803, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn for your recent visit to State College for a concert. I appreciate your comments and pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The four pillows that are on our beds are standard size trillium pillows, I do apologize if they seem smaller, we take all our comments and concerns seriously and will look into the pillow design further. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.