“Our favorite place to stay in State College”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Dining Room

The Dining Room
Ranked #34 of 240 Restaurants in State College
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Buffet, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Carolina
“Our favorite place to stay in State College”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

DH and I have stayed many times at the Nittany Lion Inn. We like it because of its on campus location as well as one of our favorite places to dine/snack/drink at Whisker's. We were in State College during the Blue-White Game weekend which also was Alumni Council and several special events dinners. We were assigned room 2102 which was recently renovated. The water pressure was a little funky and it was a little noisy since it was near housekeeping. Whisker's was perfect for lunch one afternoon and again for drinks after a special event on Saturday night. I wish that the rates weren't so high during special event weekends.

• Visited April 2013

Pleasant Gap, Pennsylvania
“Best lobster bisque!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Food is really good! The lobster bisque was like a meal on its' own! Nice service. The decor is a bit outdated, but that didn't deter me. They have a nice bar called Whiskers attached as well for after-dinner drinks!

Visited September 2012
Suburban Philadelphia
“Charming hotel with nice amenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Rooms (we had a suite which was one bedroom, large parlor with q sofa bed and large loo. Charmingly done in a traditional old style but not rotting B&b mis-matched furniture. The pub looks like a fun place. Staff could not be nicer and the location was excellent. They have a shuttle with the most helpful drivers who are happy to give you a tour and share interesting stories. If my sons picks Penn State, this will be my designated home-away-from-home!

Bucks County, Pennsylvania
“GREAT PLACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

this is a great place to stay in State College. refurbished in last 4 years. added bonus--around the corner from Nittany Lion statute for photo op

Davidsonville, Maryland
“Whisker's Lounge -- great food and prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had two dinners in the Whisker's Lounge during my stay at the Nittany Lion Inn. The service was great, the food was excellent (shares the kitchen with the more upscale restaurant on site), and the atmosphere very pleasant. I highly recommend the London broil, which is actually a very tender sirloin with a mushroom gravy / sauce -- probably the best I've ever had. I had to come back the second night to have it again! I did not care much for the local beers, but the house merlot was fine, and other beers available. I would certainly make a point of dining at Whisker's again.

Visited March 2013