“Seen better days”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Springtown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have frequented this restaurant in the past and have never been disappointed. They are known for their prime rib. A neighbor of mine has been nay saying this inn recently but I decided to see for myself. I was very disappointed and will be calling the owner. Standards have seriously fallen. Food was flat not flavorful. Prime Rib was not cooked to liking and warmed thru and dry, probably because it had been reheated. They ran out of 2 menu offerings even though the were not even half way through dinner service. They could not even make a mixed cocktail because they were out of liquor. Not to mention the baked potatoe could have been used as a door stop. Word amongst the regulars are maybe they have slacked off and lowered standards due to loss of business which only has perpetuated the problem because when you spend close to $100 bucks for two food should be edible. Sent everything back and left abruptly. The waitress was non apologetic appeared as though she was used to peoples complaints. Plenty of other cozy inns offering superb pub fare at better prices. Never will return...

3  Thank EricaOBX3
There are newer reviews for Springtown Inn

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I went to the Monday night buffet last night, and had a wonderful experience.
Now, to be truthful, a few items on the menu could have used some improvement....the stuffed perppers were bland and needed seasoning badly. The salmon which was to be on the buffet was non existent. The cucumber salad was warm, and should have been on ice. Now for the good part....the meatball sauce was super....pineapple and grape jelly, although the meatballs were the Sam's club frozen variety....good anyway, and the scalloped potatoes were really creamy....loved the carrots, and the chocolate cake was scrumptuous. Please label the items on the buffet. For $10. all you can eat, we really got our money's worth, and its a pleasant place to dine with good service.

Another note about Springtown....the chairs are rickety and hard, and sometimes we have to scout the dining room for a good one. You may want to bring a cushion if you are "dining".

2  Thank Happyescapists
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Just stopped in on our way home from a recent trip. The food and portion sizes were perfect. The princess cut prime rib was more than one could ask for. Cooked perfectly and very flavorful.

1  Thank 860Vetman
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great atmosphere, delicious food and to die for desserts. Wait staff is friendly and effecient and attends to all your needs with a smile. We will return regularly.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and two friends of ours spent an evening at the Springtown Inn, our first visit there. We started off with a couple of drinks at the bar and had some friendly conversations about the inn with the proprietor, Bob. After a couple of drinks, we headed to our table for dinner. What wonderful meals we all had! I had the Queen cut Prime Rib. It was huge at 1 ½ lbs. and was cooked just the way that I wanted it. Obviously, I made another meal of it later the following week. Katie was our server and she was superb. She paced our dinner properly and did not rush us at all. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we made dinner reservations for next month before we left! We highly recommend the Springtown Inn!

3  Thank bcg213

Been to Springtown Inn? Share your experiences!