“Gone but Not Forgotten”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This long-standing eatery closed its doors in August, 2013 and the property was sold. The site is currently under construction and slated to become a Patients First clinic.

1  Thank PattyVW

Reviewed June 22, 2013

If there ever was a candidate for Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, this would be it! We had a Groupon for this restaurant and thought we would check it out for dinner one night. The Groupon stated that reservations were required - so we made a reservation and turned up for dinner expecting to see the place relatively full. The place was far from full. Of the 25 or so tables only 3 or 4 were occupied. The majority of people there seemed to be over 65. Those who were a little younger seemed to be there because they had purchased the Groupon. The decor was horribly dated. The lighting was dim. The forks and knives had seen better days. The service was below average. Soup was served with it splattered on the plate and on the side of the bowl. The waitress seemed very rushed. When dirty dishes were cleared they were just thrown into a big tub kept next to the the dining room making a huge noise. The food was edible, but far from inspired or original. The soup certainly seemed to have come from a can. The shrimp tasted slightly off. The steak was cooked as ordered but was under seasoned. The salad consisted of wilted lettuce leaves with (literally) a couple of croutons, one piece of cucumber and slathered in dressing (from a bottle). This is a restaurant that needs serious help. We certainly will not be returning!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I went to the Springfield Inn on a whim. It was a friday night and I heard they had a dj. My husband and I decided to have dinner and then stay for the music and dancing. (Mr wonderful is no dancer). I ordered the broiled seafood combo. Out of this world! My husband had gotten the strip steak. He said it melted in his mouth. The menu options were many. And the portions were generous. Our waitress was very personable and attentive. Needless to say everything about this place was A#1. My husband even danced the night away. Definately will return.

2  Thank jules4209
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have a Groupon for this restaurant so I thought I would check it out for lunch before I bring my wife for dinner. This was a Sunday afternoon around 2pm. I stopped in for lunch and there were only a few people in the place. The waitress was very short with me, when I asked about the specials. I ordered the Turkey and Stuffing; this should be safe right? Wrong. It was horrible. The gravy taste like it was right out of a can. The stuffing was the slimy store bought stuff. The mixed vegetables were right out of the frozen food bag. I ate a little bit of the tough turkey and left. Not sure what to do with my dinner Groupon. The few people that were in the place had to be over 70 years old. It was kind of dark and dreary in the place.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The food was good. the service was less than average, but wasn't poor. that had a fix menu for mother's day. not too many selections. i will return. im interestes in their all you can eat crab legs on monday and tuesday for $22.95.