“Great food with reasonable price”

Ichiban Buffet Grill Inc
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Springfield
Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

We came to Ichiban for lunch. They had great options. I really enjoyed their sushi bar and hibachi bar. Have been coming here frequently and never disappointed. Their lunch buffet is only $8.95 plus tax. I usually pay $19.06 for both of us plus tip.

Date of visit: May 2017
triptse, Guest Relations Manager at Ichiban Buffet Grill Inc, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2017

Hi.
Thanks for loving our place and food, we look forward to seeing you again, have a nice trip.

Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

Came here with my parents for dinner on Friday Night, 4/28/17... Welcomed and greeted with warmth. My parents and I went up to the Buffet, each pan was overly crammed with food, which is a no no in the industry, temperature danger zones are a risk. I was very disappointed with the choices for dinner and my dad said the Prime Rib was Horrendous, I said that is not Prime Rib but a giant dried out Roast Beef. All the items were sub par and again the temperatures were off, some dishes were so dried out as of they were left in there since lunch time if that's the case that's a major problem. The Hibachi was good but I was extremely annoyed with the rude and uninspired cook who wasn't listening to what I wanted in my creation, I wanted lots of garlic, hot chili oil, and hibachi sauce, didn't get what I wanted. I think it's absolutely ridiculous of not letting the customer help themselves with the garlic, hot chili oil, sauces etc... The customer knows their taste and should do what we please. This establishment has a very bad habit of not replenishing food on the timely matter, the sushi was warm and totally not fresh, was extremely pissed about that because it puts you are at risk for a foodborne illness, the dessert area was a disgrace too, old dried out cakes, messy chocolate fountain dripping all over, ice cream machine leaking into the floor, which is a safety hazard, it was a disaster. The servers were attentive and nice but the Food gets a Big F...

I am extremely disappointed because I know this place has a potential, and the food does not deserve Best of Delco especially when they overstock the items and the temperature controls are compromised. Majority of the food wasn't even temperature hot, which is a major problem. As a Culinarian this is a situation that I take extremely seriously You are at risk for making people very sick...

The two rules are Keep Cold Foods Cold, and Hot Foods Hot..

Date of visit: April 2017
2  Thank charlesv510
Reviewed March 14, 2017

Ichiban Buffet is a great place to bring your family. They have daily specials. There's a good selection of food from many lands, and it gets replenished frequently.

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

It's difficult to beat this buffet for value and variety. I had the barbecued ribs which was really good. You can also order vegetables and noodles cooked for you at the Hibachi grill. Seafood galore to feast your eyes and enjoy to your hearts content. There is a dessert station that kids and adults will enjoy. Try to come early for first seating if possible to avoid the crowd.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed December 1, 2016 via mobile

Too bad I don't live in this area anymore because I would eat here often. With so many delicious choices, it's hard to decide which dish to have! Definitely come and try. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: December 2016