“Mandatory Head first tubing is dangerous and very scary”
Review of Spring Mountain

Spring Mountain
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

It is smaller than the big places in the mountains which gives it a family feel. Prices are a bit lower than other tubing places and it is so close to Bucks and Mont Co that is a huge plus.

They have a need for additional signs for everything-- restrooms, ticket booths, parking, protocol. They still have Halloween/bloody props out. As I was waiting for my friend in the lobby (I had a paid ticket) I was kicked out of my seat for a birthday party with food (near a sign that said no food).

It is nice they cap tubing at 200 Per session but that only gives you one run an hour (they have a sign for that). To go up the mountain you sit your butt in the tube and a cable pulls you up. To go down (there are two down sections so only two go at a time) you must go head first and drag your feet. I am 5" 2' and had a lot of trouble dragging my feet aka controlling my speed. You get a warning if you don't stop before the end of the "ride" and Then the next time you are kicked out of the park.

I will save up for next winter to head elsewhere.

4  Thank Mineral2004

Reviewed January 29, 2013

It's a nice place to go if you just want to watch people on the slopes. The place could use some remodel and the food could be cheaper. It's still fun to go and eat and see people having fun.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Place is in disrepair. Crap all over the property; some Halloween stuff still up ...at the end of January
There is no good way fining/ directional signage
cafe looks like a cattle shoot
Staff uninterested or helpful
Tubing slope a hazard!

really, this is one of the worst run places I have ever been to. Go to bear creek instead.

6  Thank Tijs W
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I came here with 4 others - all beginners. We all had a great time! One of my friends and I were trying out skiing for the first time ever and decided to get lessons-- for an additional charge of only $5 for an hour. It was the best $5 I spent all day! Connor was a great instructor and within less than a half hour, we were confident enough to get on the lifts.

Spring mountain is great for beginners and families with younger kids.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have only been skiing here a couple of times. The slopes are small, compared to larger ski resorts, but nice enough if you are in the area and it snows.

Been to Spring Mountain? Share your experiences!