“My Favorite Local Restaurant”
Review of Arpeggio

Arpeggio
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Spring House
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have been going to Arpeggio since they opened about 18 years ago. We have never had a bad experience or bad meal there. Everything we've ever ordered has been delicious and they are constantly changing their specials and adding items to the menu. The new burgers are amazing! How many restaurants do you know that have been opened that long and have sustained this level of quality and service?

1  Thank carljw116

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We visit here fairly often but recently decided to limit it to take-out. The food has always been fairly good (pizza is actually outstanding) but the dining room is very small, noisy almost all the time & you are basically seated on top of each other. Biggest drawback is that there is absolutely no place to wait for a table when they are busy.

Service is decent but sometimes when you call for a take out order & ask them for the daily specials--they tell you they are too busy so please check our website & call us back (I don't call back when I get that response).

Basically a neighborhood place that needs to step it up a notch. However, they always seem to be busy!

1  Thank babcme
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I've been there many times and everytime the food and service are good. I would love to eat there everyday. There are healthier and not so healthy options. Food always seems fresh and has lots of flavor.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

First time visit and we were impressed. The server was friendly and helpful. The menu was extensive and we were thrilled to see so many healthy choices. It's very reasonably priced (and a byob, which keeps the cost down). Loved the gazpacho and highly recommend it for starters..not spicey, but very tasty. Sunday evenings they have live jazz. The place is small, so you probably need to get there early on a weekend. We will definitely go back soon..

1  Thank nautitraveler
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Over the years I have eaten here many times and used their take-out as well. But the service and attitude of the staff and less food at higher prices has convinced me to start avoiding it. The final straw was two nights ago when I called an order in and was told that it wouldn't be ready for an hour. I was asked "is that OK" , when I said it wasn't the person on the phone said"Well then good night " and hung up. The ceaser salad is all lettuce. The lobster ravioli is fewer pieces for more money. I'm hanging up on Arpeggio!

mary c, Owner at Arpeggio, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

We are sorry that you were disappointed by your experience and appreciate the time taken to write this review. We also apologize for our phone person who was apparently short with you. Unlike many restaurants, all of our dishes are made to order and often customized, both of which take a little extra time. Although pizzas cook quickly in the wood burning oven, there are a limited number that can be made during any given time period, and the night to which you are referring was extremely busy for take out. We also had a very full dining room. Sure, we could tell you 15 minutes but if we know that the food can't be ready we would then have many unhappy customers waiting in our small lobby for takeout. We try to space our takeout so that the kitchen can take the time needed to properly prepare the dishes and have them ready on time for pickup. We have a system that seems to work well most of the time. If there had been a way to have your food ready earlier we would most certainly would have tried. This was probably not offered because there was no way we could expedite any orders that night due to heavy volume.
Regarding the ravioli, we have had lobster ravioli on the menu for years and have never changed the number in the dish, nor has the price changed in the last 5 years. Although these ravioli are delicious, this has always been an appetizer sized dish. I certainly hope that you consider all of these factors before hanging up on Arpeggio!