“Excellent Local Food and Great Atmosphere”
Review of Crofts Tavern - CLOSED

Crofts Tavern
Cuisines: American, International, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Crofts Tavern is a farm to table, Gastropub; serving the best in hand made cocktails, craft beers and excellent food.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had been to this restaurant previously when it was operating under a different name and ownership. Decided to give it a try under new ownership on a Friday night when my husband and I felt like enjoying a night out. When we pulled into the parking lot, we were shocked - it was packed to capacity. I think I got the last spot! Good sign. When we walked in, we gave our name to the hostess who informed us it would probably be a 40 minute wait. No problem we will go to get a drink at the bar. Unfortunately the bar was also packed so we couldn't get a seat there either. I am happy they are a local business, not a chain restaurant doing so well. We're happy to support this. No complaints on a packed house. Their selection of beers was pretty good, not your standard Miller/Coors Lite.

We got our table and were promptly greeted by our waitress (Barbara I think). She offered us a complimentary beer since she saw we had been waiting. We thought that was great and really appreciated it, lots of places would not have done this. We decided to start with a cheese and meat plate. We were pretty hungry by this point and this was great. Many different artisan cheeses and meats. For dinner, I had the chicken and my husband had the mixed grill. Both were excellent. Chicken was moist and delicious. My husband also enjoyed his. It had quail and some kind of sausage I believe. I think they change it up all the time.

We would highly recommend if you are in the mood for great local food in a fun atmosphere.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had a terrific Happy Hour/Dinner at Crofts Tavern last Friday. Craig recommended the "mixed grill" special and it was everything you could ask for. The combination of quail and "Las Vegas" steak was inventive and tasty. Craig has successfully tranformed this tavern into a keeper for anyone looking for great martinis, custom beers, and well-executed food. He is always looking for new local foods and he delivers. Great place!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very enjoyable, low key music, traditional and gourmet dining. I sat at the bar for dinner and was surprised to see how in depth the menu is. The bar was clean, the staff was attentive, and I enjoyed everything I ordered, especially the potato soup!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

they just haven't quite gotten their act together. The food is really delicious but the menu is limited and impossible to read. Service is terribly inconsistant. This is a charming place that I sincerly hope continues to improve.

2  Thank mamasue_29
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I am a "foodie" -- been here three times and thoroughly enjoyed it. Creative and high quality food, wonderful draft beer and excellent service. I experienced no service or food issues as detailed in other reviews ... Very much the opposite. Gnocchi with a cider reduction sauce, sautéed trout, beet and goat cheese appetizer, excellent cheeses, and a sandwich menu if you prefer something lighter. A great addition to this area.

1  Thank MGTRAC