“Go here for the bar not the dining room.”
Review of Maggio's

Maggio's
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night and Saturday and Sunday Breakfast. Original award winning made from scratch recipes, Pizza, Ribs, Fresh Salads, Soups, Very Fresh Seafood, Filet Mignon, Veal, Chicken, Gourmet Burgers, Sensational Sandwiches, 200 plus beers with 20 on Tap, Fresh Fruit Cocktails ----- Aleays fresh, Always unique, Always homemade, Always eclectic and Always DELICIOUS !!!! ---- Since 1976!!!!
Clermont, Florida
“Go here for the bar not the dining room.”
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Food is good but nothing exceptional. Very loud place to have any type of dinner conversation. Better place to enjoy their bar than the dining room.

10 Thank Cynmueller

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Pricey average food”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Maggio's appears to have chosen to emphasize its bar business. Initial seating and service that follows is lackadasical. The choices and food are OK, but overpriced.

Visited May 2012
11 Thank TripMember10192015
Southampton
“Easter No Holiday at Maggio's”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Confessing that I've never been a huge fan of Maggio's (even at their old location across the street) the family decided to pick it for an Easter 2012 destination, mostly because it was a convenient location for all.

After reviewing the menu several times (neither I nor my wife could find anything that jumped out and said "That's what I want!), she settled on chicken marsala, and I on a burger and salad.

As is usually the case they drown most meals in sauce or gravy and the marsala was no exception. It's unappealing to the eye and equally unappealing to the taste.

If you go, skip the high end, high prices choices, or maybe just go with a burger like I did. At ten bucks, not cheap, but at least not a great disappointment.

• Visited April 2012
14 Thank C S
Florida
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We heard a lot about this restaurant and decided to try it. We each ordered turkey clubs, which came with french fries and cole slaw. The turkey was very dry, and only had one slice of bacon on them. One of us had a soda, and the other had an iced tea and the bill came to $28.00! Way over priced and not good. I would not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2012
15 Thank travelqueen1_10
Michael S, Owner at Maggio's, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Hello,

As the original chef/owner of Maggio's I wanted to extend my apologies that you felt the meals were "not worth the money." and your visit was not a good one. As thechef/owner I can assure you that the our foods are created from scratch using only the finest ingredients available in the marketplace by trained professionals. We have and will continue to strive to produce the freshest and best tasting foods available anywhere. I wish I could give you a direct response as to why your meat was not up to your standards -- but, I cannot. I hope another visit by you and yours will allow us to demonstrate why we have been successful in our industry for almost four decades. I can assure you that nobody tries harder than we do.

Michael From Maggio's
Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Will think twice about returning”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Our adventure began with being seated in the front of the restaurant which seemed more like a noisy school cafeteria than a restaurant. We had previously been here and sat in a booth which are only open on one side and have higher backs which, apparently, filters out some of the noise. Our table was wobbly and the waiter got a "reserved" sign and placed it under one leg of the table to stablize it. Our waiter, Kenneth, couldn't have been nicer. He was attentive and helpful, however, when our order arrived it wasn't as expected. We both chose the Hot Turkey sandwich because the menu specifically said "THE REAL DEAL." It was NOT! Further, I had ordered mashed potatos and got french fries. By this point we were very disappointed with our entire evening and even though Kenneth offered to fix things, it wasn't worth it. Truly a disappointment and we'll think twice about returning.

• Visited November 2011