“Easter No Holiday at Maggio's”
Review of Maggio's

Maggio's
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: American, Italian, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night and Saturday and Sunday Breakfast. Original award winning made from scratch recipes, Pizza, Ribs, Fresh Salads, Soups, Very Fresh Seafood, Filet Mignon, Veal, Chicken, Gourmet Burgers, Sensational Sandwiches, 200 plus beers with 20 on Tap, Fresh Fruit Cocktails ----- Aleays fresh, Always unique, Always homemade, Always eclectic and Always DELICIOUS !!!! ---- Since 1976!!!!
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Confessing that I've never been a huge fan of Maggio's (even at their old location across the street) the family decided to pick it for an Easter 2012 destination, mostly because it was a convenient location for all.

After reviewing the menu several times (neither I nor my wife could find anything that jumped out and said "That's what I want!), she settled on chicken marsala, and I on a burger and salad.

As is usually the case they drown most meals in sauce or gravy and the marsala was no exception. It's unappealing to the eye and equally unappealing to the taste.

If you go, skip the high end, high prices choices, or maybe just go with a burger like I did. At ten bucks, not cheap, but at least not a great disappointment.

15  Thank C S

Reviewed March 11, 2012

We heard a lot about this restaurant and decided to try it. We each ordered turkey clubs, which came with french fries and cole slaw. The turkey was very dry, and only had one slice of bacon on them. One of us had a soda, and the other had an iced tea and the bill came to $28.00! Way over priced and not good. I would not recommend this restaurant.

16  Thank travelqueen1_10
Michael S, Owner at Maggio's, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Hello,

As the original chef/owner of Maggio's I wanted to extend my apologies that you felt the meals were "not worth the money." and your visit was not a good one. As thechef/owner I can assure you that the our foods are created from scratch using only the finest ingredients available in the marketplace by trained professionals. We have and will continue to strive to produce the freshest and best tasting foods available anywhere. I wish I could give you a direct response as to why your meat was not up to your standards -- but, I cannot. I hope another visit by you and yours will allow us to demonstrate why we have been successful in our industry for almost four decades. I can assure you that nobody tries harder than we do.

Michael From Maggio's

Reviewed November 17, 2011

Our adventure began with being seated in the front of the restaurant which seemed more like a noisy school cafeteria than a restaurant. We had previously been here and sat in a booth which are only open on one side and have higher backs which, apparently, filters out some of the noise. Our table was wobbly and the waiter got a "reserved" sign and placed it under one leg of the table to stablize it. Our waiter, Kenneth, couldn't have been nicer. He was attentive and helpful, however, when our order arrived it wasn't as expected. We both chose the Hot Turkey sandwich because the menu specifically said "THE REAL DEAL." It was NOT! Further, I had ordered mashed potatos and got french fries. By this point we were very disappointed with our entire evening and even though Kenneth offered to fix things, it wasn't worth it. Truly a disappointment and we'll think twice about returning.

14  Thank 83TRAVEL
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I hosted a brunch for my son's 1st birthday. Planning could not have been easier with their manager, Mallory. They were flexible and accomodating for our group of 3, including small children needing high chairs. Breakfast portions were huge and delicious, as well as their coffee. Service was great! Our waitress got every order correct and out in a reasonable amount of time for such a large group. Anxious to try them for regular outtings and meals in the near future.

1  Thank dutkie829
Michael S, Owner at Maggio's, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Hi Chuck,

My name is Mike and I am the original che/owner of Maggio's since 1976. I am just getting up to speed with this social media so I apologize for taking this long to respond to your review of my restaurant. I wanted to thank you for your very kind and very generous review of Maggio's. Great reviews are a very special reminder on why some people choose to work in an industry that may classify as "insane" -- with long hours, very high stress levels, difficult working kitchen conditions (hot, hot, hot), ...and much much more. Reading reviews such as yours is always a great reminder for me -- and I thanks you very much for it!

Michael From Maggio;s

Reviewed September 29, 2010

Huge menu and a great bar makes this s great place to eat. Expect a long wait on weekends though. I've eaten here for many years, and the new location is great. Service is spotty, sometimes it's fantastic, sometimes not. The quality of the food keeps me coming back no matter what!

1  Thank chuckq