“Will think twice about returning”
Review of Maggio's

Maggio's
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: American, Italian, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night and Saturday and Sunday Breakfast. Original award winning made from scratch recipes, Pizza, Ribs, Fresh Salads, Soups, Very Fresh Seafood, Filet Mignon, Veal, Chicken, Gourmet Burgers, Sensational Sandwiches, 200 plus beers with 20 on Tap, Fresh Fruit Cocktails ----- Aleays fresh, Always unique, Always homemade, Always eclectic and Always DELICIOUS !!!! ---- Since 1976!!!!
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Our adventure began with being seated in the front of the restaurant which seemed more like a noisy school cafeteria than a restaurant. We had previously been here and sat in a booth which are only open on one side and have higher backs which, apparently, filters out some of the noise. Our table was wobbly and the waiter got a "reserved" sign and placed it under one leg of the table to stablize it. Our waiter, Kenneth, couldn't have been nicer. He was attentive and helpful, however, when our order arrived it wasn't as expected. We both chose the Hot Turkey sandwich because the menu specifically said "THE REAL DEAL." It was NOT! Further, I had ordered mashed potatos and got french fries. By this point we were very disappointed with our entire evening and even though Kenneth offered to fix things, it wasn't worth it. Truly a disappointment and we'll think twice about returning.

14  Thank 83TRAVEL

Reviewed January 24, 2011

I hosted a brunch for my son's 1st birthday. Planning could not have been easier with their manager, Mallory. They were flexible and accomodating for our group of 3, including small children needing high chairs. Breakfast portions were huge and delicious, as well as their coffee. Service was great! Our waitress got every order correct and out in a reasonable amount of time for such a large group. Anxious to try them for regular outtings and meals in the near future.

1  Thank dutkie829
Michael S, Owner at Maggio's, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Hi Chuck,

My name is Mike and I am the original che/owner of Maggio's since 1976. I am just getting up to speed with this social media so I apologize for taking this long to respond to your review of my restaurant. I wanted to thank you for your very kind and very generous review of Maggio's. Great reviews are a very special reminder on why some people choose to work in an industry that may classify as "insane" -- with long hours, very high stress levels, difficult working kitchen conditions (hot, hot, hot), ...and much much more. Reading reviews such as yours is always a great reminder for me -- and I thanks you very much for it!

Michael From Maggio;s

Reviewed September 29, 2010

Huge menu and a great bar makes this s great place to eat. Expect a long wait on weekends though. I've eaten here for many years, and the new location is great. Service is spotty, sometimes it's fantastic, sometimes not. The quality of the food keeps me coming back no matter what!

1  Thank chuckq
Reviewed April 30, 2010

A few friends and I were out to dinner at Maggio's. We really enjoyed the Bang Bang shrimp and the lettuce wraps appetizers. For dinner we shared the primavera rosta pizza and the greek salad. Very good. So much food - even with 4 people we couldn't finish. Becky was our waitress and was great... it's a nice setting but gets a little loud when full of people (which was the case when we were there. Waited 30 minutes on a Friday night for a table but the restaurant manager came by with bites while we were waiting. It made the wait much more pleasant and tolerable.) I like this place. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 13, 2010

I am disgusted with the customer service of the manager and the owner (I believe it was the owner's son) of this restaurant. My family & I have been going for years and have celebrated many special occasions with them. I am so upset that they treated us they way they did. I will absolutely NEVER go back!!

13  Thank JGoldman
Michael S, Owner at Maggio's, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Mr. Goldman,

I write to apologize for your horrendous customer service. Again, --I sincerely apologize for anything anyone of us did, , but do not know how to respond not knowing what the specific incident was that took a longtime customer that celebrated many personal occasions over many years with us and made them so very angry at us. I wish I knew.

Michael From Maggio's