“Simply amazing, we would travel the 7 hours back just to eat here again.”

Caruso Brick Oven Trattoria
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Souderton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Simply amazing, we would travel the 7 hours back just to eat here again.”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Wow is the only way I can describe the food. If you are looking for an authentic and excellent experience this is the place to go. We were recently traveling in the area and looked on trip advisor for a place to stop to eat. My boyfriend suggested we check out this place, it was lower on the list but I thought what the heck, boy we were pleasantly surprised!! It was by far the best Italian food I had ever eaten. We ordered the sampler first and this also came with the freshest Italian bread. I then ordered the vegetarian pizza because all the veggies on the pizza came straight from the farmers market.--I love when restaurants support their local farmers. The veggies were piled high and so extremely fresh. My boyfriend ordered the pasta Alfredo and wow is all he could say for the first five minutes. I then tried it and I have never had pasta so good in my entire life. The noodles were homemade and it literally was the highlight of our trip. Our hats go off to the Chef for his amazing Italian cuisine. The atmosphere was perfect as well-its the ideal authentic Italian restaurant and does not feel cheesy at all. The only negative thing I have to say is our waiter was a tad off. He was not as friendly as I would have expected for such a delightful place but everyone has their off days so perhaps we caught him on that day.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank beachcouple757
josietelford, Manager at Caruso Brick Oven Trattoria, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our restaurant. Hope to see you soon.

Wilmington, Delaware
“Good food, reasonable prices.”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were there yesterday and were pleasantly surprised by the selection of classic southern Italian dishes without all the latest fancy food trends. We could taste the food itself and it was good.
Our server was wonderful. I asked for a large glass of club soda (it was 90 degrees outside) and she brought me 2. She was also very accommodating - when one of our party asked for something that wasn't on the menu she had the owner come over to discuss the various options.
Everything at Caruso's is fresh including their own mozzarella which prompted me to get a small pizza which was delicious.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank eclairewl

Telford, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great service and great gluten free menu!!”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We have a large family and asked if they could accommodate a large party last minute (it's always a large party when we go out), and they did. The service was wonderful (for 25 people!), the owners went out of their way to make our evening wonderful. The food was fabulous...and they have a wonderful gluten free menu (which I wasn't expecting). So, not only were they able to graciously (and with humor) handle our large party, they were even able to squeeze 3 unexpected grandchildren in plus accommodate our dietary issues. We'll definitely be back!

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Susan K

Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“Reminds me of restaurants in Italy”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We come here about once a month.

They have a mozzarella drifts appetizer that is really good. There are some days when they do a set of entrees with a salad for under $10 that my daughter loves.

Only thing we ever disliked was a seafood special and it was because the person ordering didn't like calamari.

Salads are good and entrees great...call ahead on special days like mothers day as it's really crowded...which is a statement in itself.

Enjoy.

2 Thank ChewsyEaters

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Really good Italian food!! Dipping "butter" is outstanding!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I'd heard about Caruxo"s from a couple of friends. I've seen them post on facebood as well. I was in need of some serious comfort food after a rough week at work. Caruso"s fill the bill. My husband and I enjoyed a worderful meal with a bottle of wine from home. I even ordered a meal to go for my son. Attention to detail, and service was excellent. This is a must visit.

• Visited July 2011