“Best when nice outside”
Review of The Local - CLOSED

The Local
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Best when nice outside”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I'm claustrophobic so it is a little close inside for me when busy. However in warm there is an outdoor patio. Great food. Very good service.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ramjac2

Souderton, Pennsylvania
“A great meal with local ingredients!!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I went here with a friend on a Friday night. The restaurant was full, but we had a reservation so we only had to wait a few minutes for our table to open. The menu changes weekly based on ingredients that are available and we lucked out. The menu offering when we went was awesome! The cheese board was one of the best I have had. They will tell you where all the cheeses are from. The bread is baked fresh in house and was delicious as well. There was an entree option for everyone. They had steak, chicken, and fish. My New York strip was delicious. The desserts were all local as well. They do run out of things so we were left with only 2 dessert choices. That is my only complaint! It is BYOB so bring your favorite wine. I will definitely be returning.

• Visited April 2013
Souderton, PA
“We've tried to like this...”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We wanted to like this place because it is close and not the normal local diner, pizza place or chain. However, we usually leave disappointed. We like the concept of local, fresh ingredients but there have been several times when an item on the menu isn't available and it's early in the evening. When paying in the mid twenties for an entree, we would like bread or rolls included and a bit nicer decor & ambience. The outside porch is nice but it is still in the middle of Souderton...

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Laura E
“Mixed Signals”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I found myself confused on the concept of this restaurant. I drove about an hour to this place after finding it as a restaurant catering to local farms. The website gave an impression of a deep commitment to the local, organic movement. I was disappointed with my experience after being served "coffeemate" style creamers with my coffee ( they were from Texas). Additionally, toast was served with high fructose corn syrup jelly, and it appeared the syrup for pancakes was the same standard. I should note that you could pay an extra 1.00 for a tablespoon of local jelly or syrup. In addition, plastic bottled sodas are served rather than other alternatives used by restaurants of the same stature.

I didn't leave with an impression of a restaurant deeply committed to organic and local. I left with a feeling that the movement was being used as a marketing ploy when only certain times were either local or organic. This restaurant would be well-served to list what items are either local or organic on their menu. When it's unknown to the customer, coupled with the condiments, I think many customers will be left to think the advertising is a little deceptive.

5 Thank Greg J
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
“Awesome little gem”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I went to The Local for lunch as I work nearby and it was convenient to meet up there. Many of the locally owned places around here are not much to write home about, but The Local breaks that mold.

The Local is a relatively small place, located in the old Souderton Train Station. The atmosphere is cozy and welcoming. We were seated immediately and just the right amount of time was given for us to look at the menu and decide what we wanted when the awesome waitress arrived to take our order. Our food arrived very quickly. I had the French Dip sandwich while my wife had a grilled veggie sandwich. Both were hot, fresh and delicious. The food was reasonably priced and was simple yet perfectly executed.

We will most certainly be back to try dinner at the Local and I think it will become a regular spot for lunch for me.

• Visited March 2013