“Great Staff”

Quality Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed at that hotel in december and I had the best of time in a worst situation. I was coming in the area for a funreal and everything bad started to happen. My car broke down and I had no way to get the the funreal. When the staff made some calls and the maintenance man cam out and helped me get the car started. The breakfast was great and the wifi was so/so I called to the front desk and they restarted the wifi and then it worked well. I used the fittness center and enjoyed it. The only 1 thing i would change would be is to put a water dispensor in the fittness center instead of the water fautain. These days you can trust what people do with the fautain. I left a tip for the housekeeper do to the room being clean and smelled nice. The beds are comfy and staff if excellent. I will be back in January see you soon

Room Tip: they do not have alot of rooms with fridges need to ask for one. Tv channel line up is good
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Robert S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us! With the hotel being under new management, we are working very hard to ensure every guest has the same great experience that you had. When you return to our hotel bring this review with you for a discount on your next stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times in recent years I have seen it go from ok, too bad, to worse, and now it is better than I can ever remember it. It is under new management and it shows. The rooms are clean though they are dated, the lobby has a great fire place to lounge around, and the manager is very accommodating and went out of his way to help make our event run smoothly. The breakfast is very typical of a continental breakfast so nothing fancy, but it gets the job done with waffles, sausage, eggs, toast, cereal, pastries, and of course breakfast drinks.
If the hotel was remodeled and updated a little it would compare to anything around. If the linens in the rooms were updated the rooms would fill more modern, but if you are looking for a reasonable price (I think around $69) place to lay your head for a night or two I can say that it is not bad.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside around the Tropical Courtyard are quieter. If the linens (sheets, blankets, to...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I had an accident and the tow company told me about this hotel so he dropped me off and stayed in a room on the 1st floor. The halls smelled cleaned and the room was great, I hanged around the lobby where they had a business center the only thing that would make it better was a printer. the breakfast was fresh hot and tasty. the speed of check in was good and the check out was good as well. The Hotel Manager drove me to a the turkey hill gas station to get some microwave food and then back to the hotel. Not to many hotels do that for you, Keep up the work. The room can use new furniture

Room Tip: The rooms are all good just need to ask for a microwave and fridge room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed November 18, 2013

It was such a pleasure to stay the staff was great especially there new gm I believe his name is robert I will make another trip here and tell my friends and family the only thing I would change is add more breakfast items and maybe have breakfast a little later other then that it was awesome

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank tonybob
Robert S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

We are happy you had a great stay, If there is anything that you might need rooms for please call us at the hotel and we will be more then happy to make sure you will have the same experience. And remember bring a copy of this reviews to get your 10% off your next reservation.

Robert S

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Easy to find as you turn to your right as you leave the turnpike,but when you leave it ,then use your GPS to get back,it wants to take you back to the pike Nice motel & nice room,and friendly staff. Got a welcome bag for being an Elite Member. The 2% milk was sour so had to use skim,but the gal appologized several times. Had ground floor as i had requested.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Kansara-Manoj, Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for making a genuine review.

Easy location, best services and nice breakfast were appeciated in your review but 2% milk was sour.

We are very sorry about that. That was a mistake, so we start checking milk now.

Your next stay will not have anything that you don't like.

Hope to see you soon

Thnk you

Reviewed September 27, 2013

we stayed here in the middle of September for 3 days. This hotel is located Right off the PA Turnpike. If you miss the drive way you have one chance to escape before the toll plaza. The lobby was bright with a 70's feel (sunken waiting area around a fire pit.) The layout of the hotel was a bit confusing as it seemed to be around 2 courtyards (1 'indoor' courtyard which I could see as having parties and events there and 1 pool area) the halls were musty but not enough to start me sneezing. They have a second floor, but there is no elevator access. The room was large and clean and overlooked the 'indoor' courtyard The shower head was even high enough for my 6' guy to be comfortable. We had a problem with plugging in our laptops and the front desk sent up a maintenance person right away. Found out one of the wall switches controlled the outlet. Go figure. They do allow pets and have designated rooms near the back that they book for that purpose. I tried out the pool with a hot tub only to find out that the hot tub was closed. The hot breakfast was scrambled egg cooked in serving size, hot meat patties, cold peeled hard boiled eggs, make your own waffles, yogurt, fruit, bagels and pastries, juice, cereal, coffee and tea. The staff was very good and knowledgeable about the neighborhood. There is a restaurant and lounge in the hotel but we did not try it out.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Not the Ritz, but clean and couldn't be more convenient. Stayed one night while traveling through PA. Practically right on the Turnpike. And they give you a 10% discount to what a local called the best restaurant in town. I don't know anything about the other restaurants in town, but we had a very good meal at the Pine Grill.

Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Holiday Inn Express Somerset
#1 of 1 in Stahlstown
A1Economy Inn
A1Economy Inn
#6 of 13 in Somerset

Been to Quality Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!