“Great rate & friendly service”

Quality Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Somerset
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, United States
“Great rate & friendly service”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We were super happy with our quick stay. We called ahead about an hour way and the staff was waiting for us. 2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 small dogs checked in around 2am. Our room was cozy and clean. Breakfast was yummy and we were out the door ready for the next leg of our trip by 10am. Great location right off the turnpike with lots of restaurants close by.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Larry G, Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Jessica L - We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Our entire staff is committed to making every aspect of your stay enjoyable. We have just upgraded our breakfast buffet to include Scrambled Eggs and Sausage Patties. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Lorain, Ohio, United States
Reviewed December 6, 2012

One of our daughters and her family live in Maryland, another daughter and her family live in Ohio. We started a new tradition last year and met roughly half way in Pennsylvania to celebrate our Christmas over a weekend. This was our second year of the tradition and we could not have been more pleased with the accomodations at the Quality Inn in Somerset. From the moment we all arrived, we were treated with respect and consideration. We have 5 small children and 5 adults. They arranged an early check-in, clean and comfortable adjoining rooms, and catered to our every need including linen, directions, extending breakfast hours, and even a conference room to hold our private Christmas party and gift exchange. Kudos to the staff who really know how to make a difference.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kristine B - Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Conference Center for your family gathering at Christmas. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I have passed your comments on to the appropriate departments. The hotel is under New Management as of November 2012. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We hope to see you again this Holiday Season!
Dunkirk, Maryland
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here on Oct. 20, 2012, choose this hotel for the pool and hot tub. It took 30 minutes to check in waited in line as they only had one person checking people in. Upon checking in we saw the sign stating the pool was not available due to maintence. The waiting in line was due to a wedding they were having in there large room. After checking in we went out to dinner with some friends who live in Somerset. About 8:30 we went back to the hotel and upon arriving you could hear the pounding of a band playing inside. Our room was adjacent to the large room with the wedding. The music was pounding until a little after 11:00. Needless to say this hotel will never see my business again. We should have been informed that the pool was closed and that the noise level is go great that it give you a headache. This is not the hotel for someone who is tired and wants to sleep.

Room Tip: Just don't stay there on the weekend. I did ask why we didn't get a room away from the noise...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank judyasmock

Travelers are raving about these Somerset hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel is old but we found it very clean and quiet.We had a room facing the indoor banquet hall, which I liked because the room was dark. (the sun wasn't in my eyes at 7am!) Check-in and out was fast and friendly. There's a fitness room with a few machines and a large indoor pool with plenty of towels.
The breakfast was also better than expected. You eat in their spacious restaurant so no waiting for a place to sit. They had make-your-own waffles, hard-boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy. Also the usual cereal, yogurt, fruit and misc. bagels and danish.
There are lot of restaurants close by. Ruby Tuesday's, Eat N Park, McDonalds,Wendy's and Subway. Arby's is walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Montrose, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I found this hotel to be Clean, Quiet, and friendly helpful staff...No noise, even tho the hotel as many others it is right near the turnpike...I would not have a problem staying there again... I read the previous reviews and not one of them applied to us...

thank you Quality Inn for fixing whatever issues there were prior to our arrival.

Room Tip: I had a pleasant experience and would stay there again..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Like many people, I did find it odd that the hotel was located directly beside the toll plaza and it was confusing to get into. However, this did not really make any difference for the hotel as it was not loud nor did it seem to flash lights into the hotel. That being said, the customer service at this place was abysmal. We had requested an early check in and been told we could do so for a fee. That is fine with me as its inconvenient for the hotel staff. When we got to hotel, however, we were told they had no record that we wanted an early check in. How is that possible when I was charged for the fee when I booked the hotel and when I called earlier in the week to confirm this, they said yes it would be prepared? My problem was less with the fact the room was not ready and more to do with the fact they clearly lied. Just be honest and tell me it's not ready. No real big deal. Also, as of yet, they have not refunded me the early check in fee.

The hotel itself was ok, what you would expect for a turnpike one night stay the hotel. It was smokey and the bathrooms left a lot to be desired, but it was overall clean enough. They do have a bar that played pretty decent music and had good drinks for reasonable prices. I would imagine this is pretty loud for the rooms near it though. My room i had was in The back, so it didn't effect my stay, but you could hear the music well down the hallway. I did not use the pool or have breakfast, so I cannot vouch for those either ways. The lobby was pretty decent, and it was near a gas station and a few restaurants so the location was ok. There are a lot of hotels in the area that are similarly priced, so I would check out one of the others if I ever ended up being back in town.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is the first time I stayed at Quality Inn (old Ramada) in years. Nasty! The staff is not friendly. The room was outdated. The bathrooms definitely need to be redone. The hairdryer didnt work in the room. I called the front desk and she said they didnt have any extra. They have several rooms that dont even have dryers. Really? They advertise on all their sites they have hair dryers in the room. False advertisement. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn which is 4-5 stars but it was booked. I wanted to try the new Holiday Inn Express but also booked. My uncle passed away so it was unexpected that I needed a room. Next time I'll stay with family.

Room Tip: Stay at Hampton Inn.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Holiday Inn Express Somerset
Super 8 Somerset
Super 8 Somerset
#12 of 12 in Somerset
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal

Been to Quality Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!