“Not bad for a night”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed May 23, 2012

If you are popping through Pennsylvania, and need a night in hotel along the I-76 PA Turnpike and can't afford the classier hotels, this is the one for you. We paid 104.16 with tax. The hotel appears clean. There were some hairs on our toilet, but other than that it seemed clean. The only problem I had was that the curtains are almost impossible to get completely shut. They leave a bit of a gap which being on the first floor makes you a target for peeping Toms. I would probably stay here again if I absolutely had to, but if I saw reviews for a better hotel in this price range I would probably stay there. But like I said, one night not that bad.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael P

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Working on the road definitely has its challenges. One of which is finding a nice hotel that allows dogs and has a reasonable rate. After staying at the Comfort Inn in Somerset, PA for three weeks, I can definatley say this has been one of the best experiences I have had in the five years I have worked on the road. The people working here happen to be some of the nicest hotel staff I have ever encountered. They were more than willing to help, whether it be a few extra towels or finding a decent place to eat. They also loved on my American Bulldog, Coach, which was a pleasant change from the previous hotel I had been staying. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. I would recommend staying here to anyone looking for a nice overnight stay or, like in my case, a second home. In fact, Coach and I plan on staying here again when we pass through on our way back home for Christmas!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Stacy S
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This location is easily accessible from the PA turnpike and is a great place to stay if your next desination is the Flight 93 Memorial in Stoystown(no it isn't in Shanksville). The staff both on check in and check out were sincere, positive and seemed to genuinely enjoying providing great customer service. The location is a bit off the beaten path but well worth the choice in the area. There is a great Eat 'N Park nearby. The only negative we had and this was entirely beyond the hotel's control was a family that had a very young baby who at 2:18a.m. decided he wanted to challenge everyone in the wing we were in that were sleeping. Parents trying to calm the baby by walking the halls wasn't a good thing. The A/C cycled off during the night but just got up and turned it off and then turned it back on and was fine for the balance of the stay. Definately would stay there again. Very clean location and would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: This location is far enough from the PA turnpike that any of the rooms are great ones as traffic is...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rld00442
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Some definite positives: friendly, responsive staff. Free wireless, fridge and microwave in the room, and a very nice cable selection. I've stayed in much nicer places that charge for wireless and have pitiful cable. The location is good. The breakfast is pretty decent too. It's the usual stuff: waffles, eggs, sausages, cereal, etc.

The stuff you put up with for the inexpensive price: thin walls, noisy plumbing, low end furniture and a tiny bathroom. Not unexpected and not really an issue with me.

Here's where this place needs to step it up: housekeeping. Our room seemed clean when we checked in. Nothing fancy, but everything looked good. After that, not so good. The maids never vacuumed while we were there though. They didn't change out the sheets and they didn't do the best job in the bathroom either. Admittedly we never complained, but we were on a tour and really didn't have a lot of time when we got back from our outings.

If management reads this, my suggestion is to step up your housekeeping. You have a nice little facility, but unless I hear things are better, next time I come through the area, I'll stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank M Z
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Maybe it was because we arrived late, but the room we stayed in had definitely not been renovated nor was it particularly clean. The carpet was in fact stained, as was the blanket on the bed. It is convenient to the turnpike and we did get a good rate, but I think I would have preferred to pay a bit more for a nicer hotel. Breakfast was nothing special. The room did have a mocrowave and a fridge which is always nice.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Coastallife
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This comfort inn has been completly updated with everything from new microwaves and fridge, to new carpet, beddings, and flat screen TV's. We arrived on a slow Sunday evening and were promptly given the royal treatment. The clerk was on top of everything. I would not hesitate in the least bit to stay here again as the service is excellent, the rooms are well appointed and very clean (spotless even in our pet friendly room).

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael P
Reviewed February 17, 2012

my family lived in somerset for a few years but then we moved, and while we were back to visit we stayed at comfort inn. and it was a really nice hotel. the staff their is very nice and friendly, the rooms are very clean, and comfortable. comes with a mircowave, cable tv, fridge. the beds were nice and soft to sleep on. seems like they really take care of the rooms. the cleaning staff are willing to help you in any way. it was very quiet for the most part the only thing i ever heard was when people arounf us would come and go with the door. but you will have that in any hotel. they are pet friendly which was a plus for us. the breakfast was good. and the staff was so nice and helpful with my kids. great hotel. i recommend to anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Holiday Inn Express Somerset
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Foggy Mountain Lodge
Foggy Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Stahlstown

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!