“Basic hotel,value priced”

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Somerset
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Basic hotel,value priced”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My daughter and I stayed 2 separate nights on our way to/from lax tournament in Philly. For $58 (with AAA discount) I found this hotel exactly what I was looking for.....a place to sleep. I have read the other reviews and the smell they speak of is nothing more than a room that needs the A/C or ventilation turned on to cure it. The room and bathroom is like a Hampton's little sister. Bed was comfortable. Room was quiet. TV worked. Bathroom was clean with small soap and shampoos/hairdryer, etc. If I had to complain about anything, it would be the breakfast. But you can tell they are trying really hard to match the higher end chains by offering a breakfast and still maintaining a low price. The only other thing I noticed was the exit door in the stair well going outside was open, so potentially anyone could walk in this door and go straight to the guests rooms without passing the front desk or lobby. This was troublesome but I didn't discover this until the 2nd stay and maybe they had it open for a reason. Bottom line: I stayed a total of 2 nights at Baymont for less than the price of 1 night at a Hampton Inn and since I only was going to be in the room to sleep for 8-10 hours it was a great value!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
michigan
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for an over night stay while en route for a family vacation to DC/Virginia Beach. This hotel was recommended by a coworker. I have never stayed at this hotel chain, but being under the Wyndam group, I thought it would be alright & wow, was I WRONG! I cannot begin to describe the smell of the room...cigarette smoke mixed with strong cleaning products, perhaps? We had to sleep with our shirts pulled over our noses! The A/C was almost nonexistent & seemed to be on the verge of, well, extinction. Stains on sheets, smoke alarm falling out of ceiling! Mattress broken down & looked as if it had been pulled from the trash. Need I go any further?My family did not partake in the continental breakfast...I woke up as early as possible the next day, 5:35am, to be exact, to get the heck out of there! Still questioning why we stayed there once we saw the squalor-I guess hindsight is 20/20. Do yourself a favor & stay in one of the other area hotels.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank footballwidow1111

Travelers are raving about these Somerset hotels