“Comfortable, relaxing, friendly”

Quill Haven Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Somerset B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 7, 2012

From arrival to leaving, Carol made our stay most enjoyable and relaxing. Quill Haven is decorated tastefully and provides the normal amenities and more (heated bed mattress, for example). Breakfast was very tasty and made us feel very special--Carol is an easy conversationist and joined us for a while. The home is located just on the edge of town, enough for them to have great space and room for a few small farm animals. Although 2 other rooms were occupied, you were hardly aware. It is definitely a place to recommend and we will consider again when in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I cannot believe what a little jem this place is. We spent the evening at 7 Springs and decided to stay overnight. We called Carol (the owner) late and asked for a room. She was completely welcoming and accommodating. We truly felt like we were visiting friends.

The rooms were totally charming and impeccably clean. The breakfast was lovely. The double blueberry muffins were the highlight for my husband. I would definitely recommend making the trip to Somerset. Thank you, Carol. We look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JWoodHend
Reviewed March 1, 2012

All rooms w/ private bathrooms. Quiet. Immaculate. Wonderful Breakfasts. Great owners. Going back soon as I can!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Where do I begin...
Quill Haven B&B was a pleasant surprise. Carol is truly an amazing person inside and out. I looked all over for different B&B's and I'm so glad I chose Quill Haven. I remember calling just to get a better understanding and better feel of the place .... and WOW did we have a great conversation. I told her I lived in Florida and I was working in Pittsburgh for the week and I wanted to do something special for my boyfriend's birthday. I was so nervous, not knowing what to expect and hoping everything turned out according to my MINI plans....LOL. She had these great packages to choose from, but since I needed something custom - Carol didn't hesitate to satisfied it. There are not many people in the world that go over and beyond the call of duty.
We arrived late afternoon and we checked into the ROSE ROOM (first floor). We stayed for 2 nights. It was PERFECT. Balloons, roses, chocolates, champagne.......My boyfriend was truly surprised, but I was more surprised that she truly paid attention to details. Breakfast was amazing. She remembered everything I explained in her easy to fill out form online. From my boyfriend not having nuts or fruits, to him loving condense milk with his coffee (he's Jamaican...lol). It was like she knew us. Not to mention the hottub was 'right on time', seeing that it was nearly 30 degrees outside.
Overall I have to say, staying at the Quill Haven B&B was a great experience. We will definitely be back. I give Quill Haven an "A" and Carol an "A+"
Great Memories. Great Conversations. Great Moments. Peace of Mind.

Room Tip: Rose Room has a king size bed. Only room on the first floor. Great lighting.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MsMorales
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We chose Quill Haven because we were meeting up with extended family who are from Eastern Ohio and it is conveniently located in the middle of PA, about halfway between our locations. However, we will go back because of the absolutely friendly service, wonderful hospitality and excellent breakfast!! Carol could not have been any more hospitable. She's so personable and makes you feel at home. We didn't get a chance to explore the Somerset area so we'll definitely go back to Quill Haven and experience all that this wonderful area has to offer.

Room Tip: They even have a room on the first floor which was perfect since we had someone in our party who doe...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2011

This was our last stay before heading home from our vacation this past September. The Inn is on a busy street, but once you pull into the driveway you feel like you are in the middle of a country estate. The home itself is just lovely. The rooms are beautifully decorated but not so stuffy that you don't feel cozy. The Innkeeper was just the sweetest woman ever. She was so friendly and down to earth and made us feel comfortable as soon as we met her. This is truly someone who loves to entertain and make you feel welcome! We stayed in the Bridal Suite which was just lovely--and very roomy! We had plenty of room to spread out our (many) suitcases, and the bathroom was very large also. There were two sinks, a shower, a soaking tub and lots of open room. The only downside is that we turned on the air conditioner unit that was in the bathroom and soon our room smelled like dog (or possibly some other animals, but to me it smelled like wet dog.) Unfortunately I have severe allergies and that started me off and bothered me all night. That stuff happens though and it didn't make me like the place any less. In the morning our breakfast was delicious, and the added theme of porcupines was too cute!

They also have animals there--goats, rabbits and sheep for sure. They are so adorable! We loved visiting with them and took our fair share of pictures.

This is a very nice place and I would recommend it highly. We would stay there again in a second!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2011

A lovely arts and crafts home with many grand stained glass lamps and other objects made by the owner's mother. Friendly helpful host, very comfortable room, and excellent location for visiting Shanksville memorial.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Holiday Inn Express Somerset
#1 of 1 in Stahlstown
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
#1 of 1 in Jones Mills

Been to Quill Haven Country Inn? Share your experiences!