“Gracious Innkeeper - comfy & cozy B&B”
Review of Glades Pike Inn

Glades Pike Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Somerset
Glades Pike Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Somerset B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 20, 2009

We traveled from eastern PA for a weekend getaway, with specific plans to see Falling Water and Kentuck Knob, arriving on Fri. evening.

A delicious breakfast with plenty of different types food to choose from - I am dietary-restricted and had no trouble with what was offered on both mornings of our stay (which can be an issue at some B&Bs).

On Sat. morning, right after breakfast, we set off for Falling Water (which we had 10:00 AM tickets for), only to have the car break down about 5 miles from the inn. While we were waiting for AAA to come, I phoned Janet and explained our situation. She dropped everything, arranged for a rental car, came and picked me up where the car was stranded, recommended a repair shop to have the car towed to, and took me to town to pick up the rental, all of this taking up about an hour of her time. What wonderful hospitality! This kind of treatment is what separates the men from the boys, so to speak.

Our room was large, with a roomy sitting area and private bath. The inn exudes its history with random plank floors, hand made quilts, etc. It is not hard to imagine the old days with horses and carriages passing by on the road out front. I must confess, I pinched a dead flower from a stalk in Janet's garden to plant at home in my own garden!

I highly recommend this inn to anyone looking for a bit of a slower pace, and a warm and sincere welcome.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Glades Pike Inn

Reviewed July 18, 2009

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our recent 3 night stay at Glades Pike Inn. It exceeded our hopes for a refreshing get-away. We split our time between relaxing at the Inn (on the porch, in our room, walking the beautiful property, reading in the sun) and exploring the area (hiking, dining, golfing, wineries, shopping). Janet is a skilled host and her breakfasts were delicious, especially the cinnamon raisin french toast!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2009

My husband and I enjoyed staying at the Glades Pike Inn while we were in PA for Christmas. We stayed in a nice room with a fireplace. Janet was extra accomodating and very pleasant to talk with.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2008

My fiance and I had a wonderful time staying at the Glades Pike Inn! The place was very cozy, nice rooms, good breakfast, close to everything in the Somerset area and very affordable! The Innkeeper, Janet, is especially nice! We definitely plan to stay at the Glades Pike Inn when we visit the area in the future! Very close to skiing, hiking and biking!

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed July 11, 2008

After a beautiful wedding at the Somerset Country Club we spent our wedding night at the Glades Pike Inn. We were so happy we did! Janet had a small bottle of champange, cheese and crackers and an apple waiting for us when we arrived at midnight. Lucky for us - we were starved! So many nerves, talking to guests and dancing we hardly ate a thing during the day! The room was gorgeous and we slept in a four poster bed. The next morning we were the last guests to make it downstairs and everyone had already eaten breakfast. No big deal, Janet was so kind to make up more pancakes and eggs. We had a great time talking to her and she even used her computer to look up flight information for us regarding our honeymoon. If you are getting married in or around Somerset and need somewhere to stay on your wedding night I highly recommend Glades Pike Inn!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ABC10XYZ
Reviewed June 20, 2008

I just returned from my first visit to Glades Pike Inn, and I must say that, if you're looking for a place where you will instantly feel comfortably at home, like visiting a dear friend or relative, this is the place for you. Janet is a truly gracious host, and her lovely home is beautifully located in the country, but close enough to Somerset and centrally located to many natural sites, the theatre, and monuments (like the Flt 93 site and site of the Quecreek mine visitors center) to keep you occupied for days in the area, should you choose to leave the comforts of the Inn. There is a winery just down the road a couple of miles and also a couple of very nice restaurants that serve great food at reasonable prices and in large quantities (Oakhurst Tea Room is famous for their smorgasbord lunch and dinners and the dinner price was around $12.95 for an adult!...and they are less than a mile away from the Inn). There are also some great looking restaurants in Somerset, but I never felt the need to go into town to eat, thanks to Oakhurst TR and Laurel Hill Inn. Janet serves a great breakfast every morning, and you'll have wonderful fresh fruit salads, juices, breakfast meat, some kind of eggs, and great breakfast sweets which varies every day, but could be anything from blueberry pancakes to homemade muffins and fruit-filled coffee cakes. Her coffee was excellent every morning, but for tea drinkers (like myself), she has a stash of really great teas available, something for everyone. You won't be hungry when you get up from her breakfast table! The Inn is small, only about 5 guest rooms, so you will enjoy an intimate experience there, and not get lost in the crowd, as you would at a chain lodging. Janet has a following of returning guests to her Inn, and after having stayed there, I can understand why.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SnowChik
Reviewed April 10, 2008

We had never stayed at a B&B but I am glad now we have. Glades Pike Inn was the best place we have ever stayed. Janet was a great host! Because we were very far away from home, Janet told us where to get the best food, and what was around. Her hospitality was so relaxing and wonderful. Our room was incredible. It had so much charm, and personality. It was a very relaxed setting and just quiet. The fireplace was an added bonus. We were able to fall asleep to a crackling fire with a glass of wine and soak up the room. Each morning we had great conversations over a fresh breakfast. From the fruit to the bacon it was high-quality! An added bonus was that Falling Water and fight 93 memorial is real close by. I recommend Glades Pike in to anyone just looking to get away.

Stayed: March 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Holiday Inn Express Somerset
#1 of 7 in Somerset
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
#1 of 1 in Jones Mills

Been to Glades Pike Inn? Share your experiences!