“Love Hoss's!”

Hoss's Steak & Sea House
Ranked #15 of 71 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Hoss’s Steak and Sea House is a family restaurant featuring fresh-cut steaks, seafood, and tender chicken entries all cooked to order. Enjoy our fresh and wholesome Soup & Salad Bar with homemade soups, just-baked breads, fresh fruits, delicious desserts, and soft-serve ice cream. We feature a fun menu for kids and offer family-style banquets in our comfortable banquet rooms
Reviewed June 30, 2015

We are locals, so we have eaten here many times over the years. We love everything about this Hoss's, from the menu selection to the atmosphere and service. Fantastic food, great salad and dessert bar!

Reviewed June 22, 2015

We stopped by Hoss's on a cross country trip, based off of the billboard signs we spotted along the way. Boy were we surprised and pleased at our visit!

You decide your menu purchases before they seat you, and there were several different kinds of options. It varied from fish to chicken to beef and steak, and there were other options as well. They offered specials too, in our case there was a two for twenty-five deal going on.

I decided on the steak bowl, and my guest ordered the tilapia and rice. It also came with unlimited salad bar, an appetizer and two drinks. We placed our order and then were offered nice seating.

The restaurant was very clean, and floors were completely swept with no debris anywhere. The salad bar was very well stocked with completely fresh items of all kinds. Soups as well as taco fixings were also available. There was also a bread and dessert station that I did not get the chance to stop at, but looked very full, fresh, and varied.

Customer service here was especially pleasant and attentive. All employees treated us as very valued guests and made sure we had everything we needed at all times.

We left very full and satisfied, declaring that this was going to be a regular stop for us since the food and quality were excellent.

As we left, staff gave us a very genuine thank you and wish of a pleasant day.

4  Thank Christine H
Reviewed May 26, 2015

This restaurant was close to the motel we stayed close to the Somerset exit to the Pennsylvania Turnpike, which was why we chose it. I have to say that the wait staff was very polite and pleasant, but the food was pretty bad. You have to order from a sign before you are seated. We ordered "thick" sirloin steaks, medium rare. When the steaks arrived there was nothing thick about them and they were shoe leather dry and tough. Very low quality meat. The rest of the meal was from a food bar, which includes desert, bread and salad. The desert and salad were okay (not great, but acceptable), but the bread was incredibly stale. That was one of worst restaurant meals we have had in a long time.

5  Thank NoneColumbus
Reviewed April 10, 2015 via mobile

Arrived about ten minutes to closing and couldn't have found a more welcoming staff! The buffet was still available and looked like it was as fresh as I would expect upon opening.! Or waitress, Jordan, was polite, accommodating, cheerful, and surpassed my expectations (as a previous restaurant owner, my expectations are very high). I ordered the BBQ chicken with steak fruits my hubby had the stuffed chicken and broccoli. Both were fresh, hot, and delicious. We had our son with us and he gobbled everything up from the salad bar. We didn't need to ask for anything I.e. Ketchup, napkins, straws... This place truly understands how to take care of its customers. Prices were mid range and worth every penny. All entrees include the salad bar which was a surprising delight. My husband played the game machine (the claw) which took his money and the waitress gave him the money back. Again, another unexpected delight. I would, no, I WILL recommend this establishment over and over again. Angela, the manager, was pleasant, and sincerely happy to accommodate us though it was so close to closing. It was as though they had just opened. They didn't even start breaking down until after our check was paid and we were walking out! This is the epitome of customer service no matter what industry you are in. Kudos to both and all others involved in the preparation of our meal!!!

1  Thank SuperFamily3
Reviewed November 9, 2014

Excellent salad bar. Good variety of soup. Variety of entrees. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive.