“Nice Restaurant”

Hoss's Steak & Sea House
Ranked #13 of 67 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Hoss’s Steak and Sea House is a family restaurant featuring fresh-cut steaks, seafood, and tender chicken entries all cooked to order. Enjoy our fresh and wholesome Soup & Salad Bar with homemade soups, just-baked breads, fresh fruits, delicious desserts, and soft-serve ice cream. We feature a fun menu for kids and offer family-style banquets in our comfortable banquet rooms
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The food was prepared as ordered and the staff was very friendly and attentive. Very pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Good food service is always. Great but the prices could be a little cheaper. I understand that they have overhead. But its not a place thats easy on the wallet

Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for writing a review for our Somerset location. Your positive feedback regarding our food and service is greatly appreciated. However we are sorry if you find our prices too high. Raising prices is always a last resort for us as we strive to stay a value for everyone. Our American Value Menu offers 7 meals all priced at $9.99 that include our soup & salad bar.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I used to enjoy Hoss's alot, but the prices keep going up and up. And frankly, the taste of the food is going down. It's just not a good value anymore. Costs way too much to take a family on a regular basis. They do have a fresh salad bar, if you can afford it.

Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Somerset location. We are sorry to hear that you no longer find our meals to be a value. We do have several meals that start at $9.99 and include our all you can eat Soup & Salad Bar. We do hope that you will try one of these dinners and perceive us to be a value again.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

When we stay overnight in Somerset, we enjoy going to Hoss's for dinner. I asked about Hot Bacon Dressing for our salad and our hostess said she would get some for us. I enjoyed the Ham and Green Bean Soup and other buffet items while waiting for the salad dressing. Looked like locals also like to go there for dinner, too! Enjoyed the steak and baked sweet potato! Then we hit the dessert buffet to make our own ice cream sundae creations! That's the way to end a vacation!

Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Somerset location. We are very happy to hear that Hoss's has become a tradition for your family. Our Soup & Salad Bar is the centerpiece of our restaurants and we strive to provide a variety of high quality foods. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you and your family again soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

First time in somerset and the hotel front desk recommended Hoss's for dinner with the family. It is a chain and is set up like a Ponderosa restaurant. Now I remember why I don't go to Ponderosa. My son and I had the steak and broiled shrimp at $16.99? The shrimp was good but the pepper steak texture was not like any other piece of meat I ever had. We were debating whether it was meat or a meat formed product. My sweet potato was good but my wife's rice was mushy and tasteless. Tasteless was the general theme of the meal including the salad bar. Lots of choices but bland. The salads such as the broccoli had toooo much dressing and the cheese for the nachos was watered down and did I say tasteless. Even the soft serve ice cream was watery and tasteless. The server was nice but could not save this meal. All four of our meals were poor and I don't understand the good reviews it has received.

Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

We are very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience at our Somerset location. We strive to provide great quality food and service at a reasonable price but we obviously failed to do so for you and your family. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and we will address them immediately.