“This is good food, reasonably priced!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Description: Pizza, hoagies, soft-serve ice cream
Description: Pizza, hoagies, soft-serve ice cream
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Just spent another family weekend up in the Laurel Highlands mountains of Western Pennsylvania and of course, we had to have our Rustic Mountain Pizza.

Located near Bakersville, PA - a tiny little blip on the map - this place has good food. Good pizza. good meatball hoagies. Lots of other selections which I have never had, because the pizza and the meatball hoagies are the family favorites.

Most times we order for delivery to our "cabin", which is located about 3 miles away from Rustic Mountain Pizza. This time I needed to go to the local store (right down the road, it is a gas station with a surprisingly well-stocked market area) The luxury of food delivery is something new for this family, who have been visiting this area for over 40 years now. They are great and prompt on their delivery, by the way.

So I stopped in and placed my order and paid for it, then told the clerk I had to go down the road and would be right back. That was fine with them. NO CREDIT CARDS ARE ACCEPTED HERE. Cash or check only. I am an "out of towner" and had to pay by check one time. It was no problem. I did learn then to always have cash. (That gas station/market right down the road has an ATM machine.)

The other nice thing about Rustic Mountain Pizza is that it used to be a Soft Serve Ice Cream place and they kept all of that equipment, so you can get soft serve ice cream in vanilla and chocolate, plus things like sundaes and banana splits.

There is an area to eat inside with just a few tables and there are several picnic tables outside under a roof in case of rain. This is a year-round place, so it is open during all seasons.

Nice people, very good food. Prices are low.

5  Thank BellaofPgh