“great place to eat...”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed August 16, 2012

It is a dinner and a great place to eat for your price in food...Have ate at other place around there and found the Summit to be the best in food and workers are friendly...

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stopped at the diner one evening while staying at a local hotel. All in all it was a good experience.
It offered classic diner comfort food, good , friendly service and good prices. The soups were homemade, the fries were great (large portions) and the sandwiches were tasty. We tried the desserts and had mixed results. The coconut cream pie and shakes were super! The graham cracker pie wasn’t so great, instead of custard it was vanilla pudding out of a can.
Our waitress was very nice and attentive. She made my son a special sundae for dessert after they were out of his first two requests.
The décor was classic, down home diner, and we enjoyed it, much better than the chains in the area.
If we are in the area again, we will stop. It was good food and a good time.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We ate there for lunch. Very good food -great value. Very old but clean. I will go again. Friendly staff, great service. Good location easy on and off to PA Turnpike.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

First, let me state that I am not a picky eater--you can tell from my picture. Nor am I a frequnt critic of restaurants--I believe I'm not discriminating enough. However, the only thing I could eat from my meal at the Summit Diner was the sides of applesauce and cottage cheese. I ordered the meatloaf, which I thought was a good bet at a diner. I got a slice of overcooked and dry.ground beef with no seasonings or other ingredients like egg, breadcrumbs, tomatoes, etc. Someone had taken some ground beef, shaped it into a loaf and put it in the oven for a couple of hours. My side salad was almost all aged iceberg lettuce--thus the meal of applesauce and cottage cheese. My server never checked with me until she brought the check (this was cheap--under $10 with drink). She never asked why I had left my entire meal on the plate. The final indignity was the cashier who tried to cheat me out of $10 (I gave her a $20 and she rang up a $10 and never apologized for the mistake. I can't explain all the good reviews for this place--but you've been warned.

1  Thank Daniel P
Reviewed July 25, 2012

All the favorites that you'd expect in a place where the locals love to eat. A tip: when ordering sides, you can easily split an order of fries between two people -- it's that big!