“Never again”

Dining options: Reservations
Swartz Creek, Michigan
“Never again”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We ordered soup, two sandwiches and and a "pasta special of the evening". The soup was brought barely lukewarm. Our waitress was nowhere to be found for over 15 minutes. We finally asked another waitress to please heat the soup. 40 minutes later we received our meals. There were only 4 other tables of diners who already had their meals so we couldn't understand why it took so long, especially since the pasta dish was the special and sandwiches are not difficult to make. The food was mediocre at best and was certainly not worth the wait.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Nancy E

Abingdon, Virginia
“Locals Eat”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

You could tell the locals ate here as soon as you entered the restaurant. Food was good and great service. Cost was reasonable.

• Visited November 2013
Naperville, Illinois
“Great food and service”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

In from out of town and Trip Advisor steered us right here. A down home feel with stick to your bones kinda of food. We tried the special fries and would recommend them to anyone. Every one enjoyed their food; salad was huge and the sandwiches were excellent. My girlfriend especially liked the grilled cheese with bacon. The service was attentive and very friendly. Wish this place was closer, I'd be there all the time.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank mja1982
Somerset, PA
“Years of great food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have been coming here for years, and have never had a meal that we could complain about. Love their specials for dinner!

• Visited February 2014
Somerset, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An interesting spot tucked near the turnpike”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I wound up at the Pine Grill after a friend of mine came into town to visit and was trying to find somewhere to eat that she didn't have back home.
I always assumed the place was a lot fancier, but in fact it has a very relaxed atmosphere. There are two areas where you can be seated. We wound up in the lounge/bar area which has a few booths and tables as well as your usual stools near the bar.
The menu is pretty big. I'm not sure if it is an all the time occurrence, but they had an insert menu of specials as well. The pasta listings won me over.
The portions were a lot larger than I anticipated. I started to worry if my eyes were bigger than my stomach after just my house salad alone. The freshly baked bread that came with didn't help either. So warm and soft!
Dinner wound up being a treat. The portions, yet again, were pretty big. I was highly impressed as well by the decorative garnish of spices around the edging of my plate. I don't even remember the last restaurant that paid attention to details like that.
The cost was reasonable for as much food as you received. I would definitely go back.

1 Thank consciousdear