“A nice decent place”
Review of Pine Grill

Pine Grill
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lusby, Maryland
“A nice decent place”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our hotel recommended this place and we decided to check it out. I would say the whole experience was average. We got there early, around 5:30 and within 20 minutes there was a line out the door so we were glad we decided to go early. The staff was attentive and we never had to ask twice for something. The food arrived without a long wait and it was hot when it got to the table. For appetizers we ordered the potato skins and the artichoke and spinach dip which came with deep fried pita wedges. Both were good. I ordered the turkey panini. It was ok tasting, sort of on the bland side. My husband ordered blackened chicken which he said was slightly above average tasting. It was supposed to be blackened and while the chicken was black, it wasn't in the least bit spicy. The building is old but clean, it's not super noisy with back ground music and there is no smoking even in the bar. Everything was a decent price. The Pine Grill is simply average and overall we are happy with our experience and would recommend the Pine Grill to others with the tip of going early. For a little more upscale setting, a very tasty meal, finer dining, excellent service and a higher price of course, check out Crazy Alice. Our dinner there was fantastic!

1 Thank TheGlassHorse

Wayne, Michigan
“Travel group”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Traveling with a group of eleven. After check in went Pine Grill. With eleven seating can be a problem, however manager quickly arranged tables for us, and double cleaned the tables.

Menu was standard Grill food with a few exceptions. One in our party had the chicken tamales. They looked good and was told best she had ever eaten! The others had hot roast beef sandwich excellent fork tender. Broiled cod was very tasty and prepared properly. Hamburgers were hand patted not frozen pressed.
I believe our waitress' name is Melissa and she took the entire order with out writing it down and was brought as ordered.
Very pleasant experience, and the interior is dated but CLEAN, and that is part of the charm.

Romney, West Virginia, United States
“unhappy people”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was ready to leave before I was seated. The manager who seated us put the menus on the table and proceed to walk away into me. He was a big man and I am a small person. He didn't wait for me to be seated and he didn't apologize for almost running me over.
The food was okay. The prices were high. The staff was not happy and showed when they served you and other customers. I wouldn't eat here again.

1 Thank Mary B
Elburn, Illinois
“Just okay”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was touted as the best restaurant in Somerset, plus the hotel gave us a discount coupon. We just had hamburgers. The menu was small and somethings looked expensive. Obviously other people like it as it filled up quickly. It's right across the road from the Comfort Inn.

Visited September 2013
Placitas, New Mexico
“Traditional and tasty”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We visited the Pine Grill for dinner upon the recommendation of a nearby hotel. The interior sports a traditional colonial revival decor "from our parents' day", which adds to the overall comfort of the place. It is not retro or campy; it's clean and attractive. The menu is extensive, the prices are fair, the portions are ample, and the quality is excellent. Comfort foods are a specialty, and we learned that their daily specials can sell out fast. I had meatloaf with real mashed potatoes and gravy, very tasty and satisfying. My partner had large, plump Maryland crabcakes, which he pronounced to be delicious, also with mashed potatoes and gravy. Both entrees came with a nice salad. I only wished that I'd left room for dessert. If I'm ever in Somerset again, I will definitely pay another visit to the Pine Grill.

1 Thank Travelin_Bear