“Good restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel staff. They gave us a discount card to use, which helped. My husband had liver and onions; states it was good but not necessarily the best he's ever had. It needed more onions. I had the brisket; the flavor was good and smokey, but was the toughest brisket I've ever had. I didn't even finish it. Someone needs to go back to school and figure out how to cook brisket properly. Price was okay, nothing to scream about one way or the other.

There are newer reviews for Pine Grill

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Maybe we visited on an off-night, but we didn't find this restaurant to be anything we'd visit again. The waitress was very friendly and the atmosphere was OK, but the food was not anything to write home about, and we thought it was a bit over-priced for the quality. A couple of our meals were only warm, not hot. The fettucini alfredo could kill an army of vampires with all its garlic, but the spaghetti sauce was really bland. The crab cakes were pretty mushy, but that might just be the texture of East Coast crab cakes...this was our first time eating one. My one son did like his buffalo chicken sandwich and the mashed potatoes were good. It certainly wasn't horrible, but it wasn't what I expected after reading some of the other reviews.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This restaurant was family friendly. The wait staff was great. The the food was very good. It was nice to find a place that served vegetables while traveling. The portions were large. We had plenty of left overs.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a large group in Somerset for a bowling tournament and this restaurant was referred to us by the locals. The restaurant is very nice and clean; staff friendly. The menu is upscale but the prices aren't. My 4-person bill, with a few adult beverages was less than $100. A very good find and recommended if travelling through or staying in Somerset.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

On our way from Ohio to NJ looking for a place to eat. Checked in Somerset & found this gem rated 4/5. The menu had choices you knew to be prepared by a real chef based on the descriptions. I had the thick cut grilled vegetables with a balsamic reduction sauce over barley. It was outstanding! My husband had the Cajun chicken pasta recommended by our waitress which was also great. The food was a little slow to come out but it was busy & worth the wait! Don't let the hometown restaurant look fool you! It was great.