All reviews clean rooms my home away from home continental breakfast limited budget enjoyed my stay fridge and microwave have stayed here several times highly recommend this hotel great price would stay again motel rates hallway cleanliness keys channels
Selected filters
Reviewed February 22, 2019

I am a single woman and feel very safe here and the staff is very kind and helpful. All the hallway doors are locked. The rooms are very clean. The room had a fridge and microwave and also a large screen tv and lots of channels to pick from. I enjoyed the continental breakfast. I have stayed here several times and ALWAYS enjoyed my stay. This is my home away from home when I pass by. I would highly recommend this motel.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2018

Stayed here recently and the first thing you notice when you get in your room is it's dark, dingy, damp and air-less. Rooms open up onto a closed corridor with no external windows or airflow.

I was willing to forgive all this as the chap who checked me in was really really nice.
This changed when I first noticed a few earwigs running around on the work tops and floor - that gave me the shivers. Then when I went to bed and pulled the sheets back I was faced with mould stained sheets. This really is unacceptable no matter how budget an hotel is.

There are plenty of other hotels and motels in the area which I am sure don't have these problems. Stay elsewhere!!!

Room tip: Stay somewhere else
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2018

If price and cleanliness are your first considerations, A1 Economy Inn (careful - sign says AAA Economy Inn) is worthwhile ... but forewarned is forearmed -- all physical aspects of motel feel old but clean. Though on main road, sign not clear. Uses old style physical keys (one for room, one for exterior doors). Does not use any electronics for check-in, handwrite your own registration. ALL mechanicals worked well, though visibly older (A/C in room, fridge, TV etc). Internet worked OK. Breakfast was continental pastries etc -- as advertisde. For myself and my parents, I would stay again, but I would be careful about whom I recommend, in case other travellers expect more.

Room tip: Ask for double instead of queen
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2018

The owner gets an A+ for trying to update an antique motel to have modern amenities but there are issues that make a high rating impossible.
Pros:
Desk and chair
Microwave and refrigerator
Numerous breakfast items

Cons:
Carpet is moist, causing an electrical shock from my laptop.
I had an intense headache that started when we began to use the room and stopped when we left the room. Maybe there is mold beneath the moist carpet.
Advertising of super clean doesn't include the daddy-longlegs spider in the corner of our room.
No pool
No business center with computer and printer
No fitness center
No ice in the ice machine
Office is not open in the morning

Cheap price? Yes.
Would I stay here again? No.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

Management was great. They went out of there way to make my stay as comforting as possible. I stayed there for 3 months while I was waiting to move into a home. They was respectful and dignified. Thanks you Economy Inn team.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple